The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Evolution
NetHack
Undertale
Evolution
San Juan
Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
Dungeon Scroll
Overcooked!
Prominence Poker
Period: Cube ~Shackles of Amadeus~
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
Gloomhaven
Wrath of the Gods
Final Fantasy
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Fallout 3
Assassin's Creed
Chrono Trigger
Eye of the Beholder
World of Warcraft
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
Scribblenauts
Monster Hunter Tri
Trauma Center: Under the Knife
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Psychonauts
Fallout (1997)
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Punch-Out!! (2009)
Red Dead Redemption
The Elder Scrolls: Arena
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Tournament Fighters
Clubhouse Games
ActRaiser
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Portal 2
Corruption
BioShock Infinite
Spectromancer
Metroid: Other M
Professor Layton and the Unwound Future
Radiant Historia
Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2
Age of Empires: Mythologies
Front Mission 2
Crusader Kings II
Far Cry 3
Blue Dragon Plus
Quiz & Dragons: Capcom Quiz Game
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
At the moment the badge takes up a 13x16 area, which would allow for symmetry, but it's not symmetric, so it looks a little off. (I'm guessing you cropped the source to a square centred on the asterisk, then resized that?) The idea with cropping it close and resizing is to get the symmetry axis right on a column of pixels, then you look at which side is better, cut away the other side of 6 columns and replace with a mirror of the "good" side, and then finally pad to 16x16.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
At the moment the badge takes up a 13x16 area, which would allow for symmetry, but it's not symmetric, so it looks a little off. (I'm guessing you cropped the source to a square centred on the asterisk, then resized that?) The idea with cropping it close and resizing is to get the symmetry axis right on a column of pixels, then you look at which side is better, cut away the other side of 6 columns and replace with a mirror of the "good" side, and then finally pad to 16x16.
Thank you.

I gave it a try, but I can't get it centred properly due to the excess three pixels; GIMP won't let me place it in "1.5" pixels on the X-axle - however it does already look much better! I've also tried to give it all of the good side - and it makes the middle part thicker of course - I am not sure how I like that.
Do you think that there is a way that I can cut it down to be an equal number, so I can get equal pixels of air on both sides - without making it fat in the middle?


1 |2 |2.1
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I did a crop 'n' resize, ended up with 14x16, mirrored both ways and made some minor outline adjustments:



You can use that as a basis for further edits if it helps any.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Paradox' upcoming grand strategy game about Rome (and ancient world).

Imperator: Rome fan


Based on this logo:


Suggestions on how to improve it? Becomes quite small here.

I could cut away more of the wings (like this
) but are there better options?
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
CrazyCatman wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:
At the moment the badge takes up a 13x16 area, which would allow for symmetry, but it's not symmetric, so it looks a little off. (I'm guessing you cropped the source to a square centred on the asterisk, then resized that?) The idea with cropping it close and resizing is to get the symmetry axis right on a column of pixels, then you look at which side is better, cut away the other side of 6 columns and replace with a mirror of the "good" side, and then finally pad to 16x16.
Thank you.

I gave it a try, but I can't get it centred properly due to the excess three pixels; GIMP won't let me place it in "1.5" pixels on the X-axle - however it does already look much better! I've also tried to give it all of the good side - and it makes the middle part thicker of course - I am not sure how I like that.
Do you think that there is a way that I can cut it down to be an equal number, so I can get equal pixels of air on both sides - without making it fat in the middle?


1 |2 |2.1

You don't mirror the middle line of pixels in that case. 6px left, 1px middle, 6px right.
You also lost the correct proportion it seems. I think Kaffe's version is the way to go.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Paradox' upcoming grand strategy game about Rome (and ancient world).

Imperator: Rome fan


Based on this logo:


Suggestions on how to improve it? Becomes quite small here.

I could cut away more of the wings (like this
) but are there better options?

Use the empty space under the eagle to put in I.R.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Miller
United States
Winchendon
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Memoir '44 World Cup Tournament Organizer - Red Eyed Jack
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mb is available for purchase.
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
Tried to balance color distribution and weight based on the vividness of the color and the size of its area.

Good to go?

-->
-->


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
mb is available for purchase.


Got it!

coollaughmeeple


How could I not, right?!
4 
 Thumb up
1.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Culp Smash
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Red Eyed Jack wrote:
mb is available for purchase.


Just picked it up!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
Paradox' upcoming grand strategy game about Rome (and ancient world).

Imperator: Rome fan


Based on this logo:


Suggestions on how to improve it? Becomes quite small here.

I could cut away more of the wings (like this
) but are there better options?

Use the empty space under the eagle to put in I.R.


Good idea.

Something like this?
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Tried to balance color distribution and weight based on the vividness of the color and the size of its area.

Good to go?

-->
-->



Could you do the 0 in red and the A in yellow perhaps? blush
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
Sjeng wrote:
edbolme wrote:
Tried to balance color distribution and weight based on the vividness of the color and the size of its area.

Good to go?

-->
-->



Could you do the 0 in red and the A in yellow perhaps? blush

That's going to make the A fade out, and the O be dominant in my opinion.

Your idea:


Another option:

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
Another option:


perfect!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Animate it, cycling through the colours
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Video Games // S
Slay the Spire fan


A simple downsize based on the game's steam icon~
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Video Games // W
The World Ends With You fan


Based on the "player" pins in the game.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


VGG: Visual Novel genre fan?

(Should probably lighten the paper outline.)



Imgur isn't down or anything, it's just BGG being silly.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forbidding
United States
flag msg tools
admin
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. Montapert
badge
These computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tales of Xillia badge -

Source:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mb
Try making the leaves solid, and removing the stroke. Which probably means you need to punch up the colors some.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Penguins Performance Project feat.
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The following VGG genres still don't have VGG genre badges:

Augmented Reality
Clicker / Incremental
Dungeon Crawler
Endless Runner
Interactive Movie
MOBA / A-RTS
Point-and-Click
Simulation
Survival
Walking Simulator

And there are two VGG genre badges without matching genres, namely Escape (which I added recently) and Turn Based Games.

I guess we should aim at making all these? I have ideas for one or two but maybe not all of them.

Also to note that if there's a badge for Point-and-Click, maybe that's what the non-VGG Point-and-click adventure badge should group with.

Also the Tactical Role-Playing Game genre should be renamed "Tactical RPG" to be consistent with "RPG" and "Action RPG", but I can't submit a correction.
5 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah heck, one more ...

Video Games // N
Nier Automata fan


Reference:
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sort of a stupid followup, but this thread is clearly slower and less populated than the BGG microbadge thread. Any rough rules of thumb for what I should be looking for in thumb counts or elapsed time before deciding if something should be submitted?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Sort of a stupid followup, but this thread is clearly slower and less populated than the BGG microbadge thread. Any rough rules of thumb for what I should be looking for in thumb counts or elapsed time before deciding if something should be submitted?

I would wait for about a week little less or more. If there's no comments and even couple of thumbs up by then, I think it's safe to assume everyone who is following this thread has had their changes of giving some feedback and just go ahead and submit the badges.

If someone disagrees with me, now is the time to speak up
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mb
Kattvippa wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:
Sort of a stupid followup, but this thread is clearly slower and less populated than the BGG microbadge thread. Any rough rules of thumb for what I should be looking for in thumb counts or elapsed time before deciding if something should be submitted?

I would wait for about a week little less or more. If there's no comments and even couple of thumbs up by then, I think it's safe to assume everyone who is following this thread has had their changes of giving some feedback and just go ahead and submit the badges.

If someone disagrees with me, now is the time to speak up

Four or five days seems plenty.

I've occasionally gone shorter if a design receives positive feedback and I know it looks the way it is supposed to look. I guess I waited 12 days on my most recent video game badge, just because I was trying to decide if I was happy with it.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  307 , 308 , 309 , 310 , 311  Next »  [311] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.