The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Terraforming Mars
Scythe: Digital Edition
Cat Lady - The Card Game
One Deck Dungeon
Ganz Schön Clever
Noch mal!
Isle of Skye
Istanbul: Digital Edition
Tacoma
Stockpile
Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd still vote for replacing the old one with the broadbrimmed new one, and use the second one for CE2.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
I'd still vote for replacing the old one with the broadbrimmed new one, and use the second one for CE2.


Maybe some admin can chime in?...

meeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
I'd still vote for replacing the old one with the broadbrimmed new one, and use the second one for CE2.


Maybe some admin can chime in?...

meeple

The only way we will ever replace a badge is this:

- someone contacts the original designer and asks for their permission for this. The original designer keeps the badge in their name and will get or the sales profits in the future too
- someone contacts all the owners of the badge to ask their consent too

If the difference isn't major one and is a clear improvement and the original designer is fine with the image swap, we can move ahead with it even if not all the owners reply.

So, as soon as someone has done all this, we can talk about this again
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Original MB creator contacted, asked him to post his opinion here. Now we wait...

coolmeeple

wagglybean wrote:
pfrsantos wrote:


I went to the game page, I didn't check the MB listing...

blush

That seems to be an image from Chuckie Egg 2. So...

Shall I go ahead and submit the first one alone? Submit both? Submit none?...

I think mine looks a bit sharper than the existing one...



A bit sharper is an understatement. The original is clearly from a time before the current standards!

My thoughts would be to submit them both for fans of the individual games, ie Chuckie Egg 1 fan and Chuckie Egg 2 fan. Then it doesn't 'step on the toes' of the original badge because that could then be seen as a general fan of the character/series of Chuckie Egg.


What about this option? Leave the original and submit both of these. Is it also a possibility?

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
it's an option, but imo the old badge is, well, not very good...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Italian Seismologist
United Kingdom
norwich
Norfolk
flag msg tools
badge
[The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was not convincing people he didn't exist, but convincing them that he was God.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Booo... the new version isnt an improvement because its a stinky ZX spectrum one.

seriously though, i dont really care.. lol
needs grass on the new one imo though

#TeamBBCBasic
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
I was going to do this myself, but a month later and I haven’t even tried... so one of you gets the gold! Can someone please make an Epic Games MB. I don’t care what the overtext is, I just want the logo.

Go here for source: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Arpin
United States
Baltic
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wizcreations wrote:
I was going to do this myself, but a month later and I haven’t even tried... so one of you gets the gold! Can someone please make an Epic Games MB. I don’t care what the overtext is, I just want the logo.

Go here for source: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/


I think there is one in progress already, it is on the previous page

CrazyCatman wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:

I think we are getting somewhere... Thank you

Now round the corners.

became
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
the rounded corners at the top look a tiny bit too pixely. Try adding about 50% black transparent dots there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kenneth Stuart
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmb
Maawdawg wrote:
I think there is one in progress already, it is on the previous page

Good to know! I don’t subscribe to this thread anymore so I have no clue what is in works.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Maawdawg wrote:
wizcreations wrote:
I was going to do this myself, but a month later and I haven’t even tried... so one of you gets the gold! Can someone please make an Epic Games MB. I don’t care what the overtext is, I just want the logo.

Go here for source: https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/


I think there is one in progress already, it is on the previous page

CrazyCatman wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
CrazyCatman wrote:

I think we are getting somewhere... Thank you

Now round the corners.

became
Seems like I start to get back and work on this one! :surprised:

Sjeng wrote:
the rounded corners at the top look a tiny bit too pixely. Try adding about 50% black transparent dots there.
Thank you; I did it the other way around; Made it black and removed it using the eraser with 25% transparency and clicked twice in the middle and once in the sides - maybe a few other pixels too - not sure. I can try to work it the other way around to see if it gets getter.

Kaffedrake (I think it was) also said something about the bottom part and making the sides black as well (the only think I am against that is that it will loose it's original proportions, but I am willing to try that as well).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
femgoth wrote:
Booo... the new version isnt an improvement because its a stinky ZX spectrum one.

seriously though, i dont really care.. lol
needs grass on the new one imo though

#TeamBBCBasic


The ones I made could be submited as "Chuckie Egg fan - ZX Spectrum" and "Chuckie Egg 2 fan - ZX Spectrum".

It seems the original MB was made with BBC in mind...

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
femgoth wrote:
Booo... the new version isnt an improvement because its a stinky ZX spectrum one.

seriously though, i dont really care.. lol
needs grass on the new one imo though

#TeamBBCBasic


The ones I made could be submited as "Chuckie Egg fan - ZX Spectrum"
I'd buy that for a dollar (or 8)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jørgen K
Denmark
Copenhagen S
flag msg tools
Seaman recruit
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
pfrsantos wrote:
femgoth wrote:
Booo... the new version isnt an improvement because its a stinky ZX spectrum one.

seriously though, i dont really care.. lol
needs grass on the new one imo though

#TeamBBCBasic


It seems the original MB was made with BBC in mind...

That's what I said The hat is wrong on yours because it's the Speccy hat (a Gallon style hat), where the original was a BBC variant (more of a Monty styled hat, or simple farmer's stray hat).
The BBC guy is also fatter in the face and shorter, making him look like a nice little poultry farmer, the Speccy, altough still fat, is more straight up in his posture, looking like an industrial poultry director - an evil capitalist pig with a tall, big hat!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll go ahead and submit both as ZX Spectrum related. This way, we can also keep the BBC version and don't mess with the original creator/owners.

Thanks for all the input and comments!

coolmeeple
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This just in:

 Bomb Jack fan

coollaughmeeple
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mb ... even though I might be the only one who buys it.

And mb is coming soon!
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
edbolme wrote:
mb ... even though I might be the only one who buys it.

And mb is coming soon!


It's here already!

coollaughmeeple
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb


A Plague Tale: Innocence fan



Lighter background? Remove it?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:


A Plague Tale: Innocence fan



Lighter background? Remove it?


This. No need to make a MB because of it, though...

whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan


Based on logo:
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Forbidding
United States
flag msg tools
admin
Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to. –Alfred A. Montapert
badge
These computers on our desks are turning into portals to other realms of existence…realms that will one day be preferred to earth. –Edward Castronova
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan


Maybe you could use a character's image instead. The letters in the title arn't distinctive enough to really stand out and tell me what game it is for.

For example:

looks very similar to mb
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Forbidding wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan


Maybe you could use a character's image instead. The letters in the title arn't distinctive enough to really stand out and tell me what game it is for.

For example:

looks very similar to mb


Hard to make it distinctive. I also want to keep it in line with the other FROM badges that uses the start letter.

Perhaps do it without the background?
or with more shadow


Still think the first one is clearer.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Forbidding wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan


Maybe you could use a character's image instead. The letters in the title arn't distinctive enough to really stand out and tell me what game it is for.

For example:

looks very similar to mb


Hard to make it distinctive. I also want to keep it in line with the other FROM badges that uses the start letter.

Perhaps do it without the background?
or with more shadow


Still think the first one is clearer.

I like the one with the black background more as well. I don't think it really matters these badges look a bit similar, as both are taken from the source image of their respective games and they just happen to look somewhat similar.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
Forbidding wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan


Maybe you could use a character's image instead. The letters in the title arn't distinctive enough to really stand out and tell me what game it is for.

For example:

looks very similar to mb


Hard to make it distinctive. I also want to keep it in line with the other FROM badges that uses the start letter.

Perhaps do it without the background?
or with more shadow


Still think the first one is clearer.


Maybe a partial background, or deeper shadow? I really dig
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  310 , 311 , 312 , 313 , 314  Next »  [314] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.