DmC: Devil May Cry – Bloody Palace
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh right, I made the adjustments to Geno's brightness. Just forgot to post it ...
->
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would like to request a Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice microbadge! Awesome game!

https://videogamegeek.com/videogame/254837/sekiro-shadows-di...

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:

Thanks!

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jack
Portugal
flag msg tools
designer
Check my profile to learn more about these...
badge
I'm thinking of something intelligent to say... this may take a while!
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
Strom40 wrote:

Thanks!

Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice fan

Well, that was fast...

whistle

coollaughmeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
A Real Microbadger keeps a stash of generic letter badges around for these occasions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
A Real Microbadger keeps a stash of generic letter badges around for these occasions

Yeah, but I did this several weeks back if you check.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings; Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
badge
You spin me right round, baby - Right round like a record, baby - Right round round round - You spin me right round, baby…
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:

Thanks!

Just a question as I'm curious. Didn't this show up in MB search?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a suspicion that lots of people don't actually know about the search feature, and just look at the game's page to see what's listed there. Nobody updated the Sekiro page with your badge, so ...
(This isn't the first time I've seen a request for a game that already has badges, but they do tend to have this element in common)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete R.
United States
Ypsilanti
Michigan
flag msg tools
The grace of Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I looked under the game page - there was nothing. Glad to have one! Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carsten
Germany
Sachsen
flag msg tools
"The only thing you are going to see, is the burning hand of overdue justice." - Lobster Johnson
badge
“There are only three forms of high art: the symphony, the illustrated children's book and the board game.” - Saga
mbmbmbmbmb
Strom40 wrote:
I looked under the game page - there was nothing. Glad to have one! Thanks!

I fixed that (see More Information on the game page) and also added the link to the game in the microbadge description.

This is what I do for all my badges.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing fancy~
Updating the name for the 999 badge to match the VGG name entry. Otherwise everything is straightforward.

Poll
Ready for submission?
  Yup, fire away~ Needs work. Specifically ... My cat walked into the room and vomited when it looked at the screen. I think you should give up on this one.
- Super Mario RPG fan
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors fan
      3 answers
Poll created by ArcticLancer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb

"VGG: Augmented Reality genre fan"?

It's a partially transparent tree and a superimposed thing. Maybe the tree should be transparenter? Desaturateder? Both-er?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
> >

Button poll:

Poll
1. Whatcha think?
It's good enough
It could still be improved
The whole red button thing isn't great
2. If it's OK, then...
Do the VGG progress bar thing
Use the regular VGG
      6 answers
Poll created by Kaffedrake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
or

"VGG: Interactive Movie genre fan"?

I couldn't think of what to put in the frames, so I just put a gradient, which didn't end up looking too stupid. Then since it didn't have an interactive element, I added a mouse pointer with a faint white dropshadow for contourage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"VGG: Simulation genre fan"?

It's a truck from one of the many trucking simulators I assume are out there. Hand-drawn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

"VGG: Point-and-Click genre fan"?

After this one, the only genre remaining that needs a badge is MOBA / A-RTS. I guess it's the characters that are important here? So something character-y, but not a helmet since that's on the RPG and Tactical RPG badges...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Oaks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

"VGG: Augmented Reality genre fan"?

It's a partially transparent tree and a superimposed thing. Maybe the tree should be transparenter? Desaturateder? Both-er?

I think like the idea; I just wish the tree looked a little less like a pop-cycle. Particularly, the tree's trunk seems a little too thin and straight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Oaks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
or

"VGG: Interactive Movie genre fan"?

I couldn't think of what to put in the frames, so I just put a gradient, which didn't end up looking too stupid. Then since it didn't have an interactive element, I added a mouse pointer with a faint white dropshadow for contourage.

I think the movie frames and mouse pointers are excellent ideas for conveying the concept. Maybe the pointer could be a little more recognizable if its bottom handle was a little more pronounce? *Although, the style of a typical mouse pointer may just be regionally dependent.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Oaks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

"VGG: Point-and-Click genre fan"?

Once again, I think this is an excellent way to convey the concept.

Did you try making the pointer/cursor right-handed? I think that's how they're usually displayed. Also, is it possible to clean up the ring finger like the other fingers?

-----
Kaffedrake wrote:
After this one, the only genre remaining that needs a badge is MOBA / A-RTS. I guess it's the characters that are important here? So something character-y, but not a helmet since that's on the RPG and Tactical RPG badges...

Did you consider making one for "eSports"? I'm not sure if that's considered its own genre?

I'm actually working on various eSports microbadges at the moment. Hopefully, they'll be ready for proposal in the next few days.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
>

Tree opacity lowered from 60% to 50%; tree skewed to resemble popsicle in high wind; thing lowered a pixel or two.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
Maybe the pointer could be a little more recognizable if its bottom handle was a little more pronounce? *Although, the style of a typical mouse pointer may just be regionally dependent.

Basically trying to keep it simple and not overlapping the strip background more than necessary. Also I never know exactly how the handle should be angled.

mightyoak wrote:
Did you try making the pointer/cursor right-handed? I think that's how they're usually displayed. Also, is it possible to clean up the ring finger like the other fingers?

It started out as right-handed, but the index finger would obscure the VGG between the V and G, which wasn't good. After flipping I actually figured I was being a champion for left-handed people of the computer world.

What isn't clean about the ring finger? Is your monitor doing some naughty hardware scaling?

mightyoak wrote:
Did you consider making one for "eSports"? I'm not sure if that's considered its own genre?

It's not a genre in the database sense at any rate, although it is a gaming world phenomenon, so it's great if you're making at least one badge for it (Esports follower, Esports participant etc.).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Oaks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:

Tree opacity lowered from 60% to 50%; tree skewed to resemble popsicle in high wind; thing lowered a pixel or two.

That popsicle seems to be handling the high winds like a champ!

Instead of having it sway, maybe try having the trunk widen outward towards the bottom? I think that would go a long way towards making it look tree-like.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Oaks
msg tools
mbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
mightyoak wrote:

It started out as right-handed, but the index finger would obscure the VGG between the V and G, which wasn't good. After flipping I actually figured I was being a champion for left-handed people of the computer world.

As a lefty myself, I commend your efforts towards bring more awareness to our presence in the digital world

Kaffedrake wrote:
What isn't clean about the ring finger? Is your monitor doing some naughty hardware scaling?

Oh, I guess you're right. Sorry about that. Although, now after closer examination, it looks like there may be a small growth on the bottom left of the pointer/index finger. I can only assume it's not another weird monitor issue.

Kaffedrake wrote:
mightyoak wrote:

It's not a genre in the database sense at any rate, although it is a gaming world phenomenon, so it's great if you're making at least one badge for it (Esports follower, Esports participant etc.).

I'm in the process of doing several eSports badges: specifically ones for MLS MLG, ESL, specific game leagues, and eventually maybe a few popular eSports teams (like Cloud9, Team Liquid, FaZe Clan, etc).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
> >

Tree unskewed and given a wider base; thing left at lower position.

mightyoak wrote:
Kaffedrake wrote:

Oh, I guess you're right. Sorry about that. Although, now after closer examination, it looks like there may be a small growth on the bottom left of the pointer/index finger. I can only assume it's not another weird monitor issue.

The base of the index finger does look weird, let me do something about that. (A funny thing about pointing hand icons in general is that they often just show the knuckles for every finger but the index finger and thumb, but some have them extended as if they're bent at the second knuckle, which is a very awkward way to point.)

mightyoak wrote:
I'm in the process of doing several eSports badges: specifically ones for MLS, ESL, specific game leagues, and eventually maybe a few popular eSports teams (like Cloud9, Team Liquid, FaZe Clan, etc).

Just don't forget to make non-game-, non-league-, non-team-specific ones too. Max abstractitude.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sweden
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
>

General change/fix/overhaul/cleanup/stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  319 , 320 , 321 , 322 , 323  Next »  [324] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.