The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Twilight Struggle
Artifact
Scythe: Digital Edition
One Deck Dungeon
Carcassonne (2007)
Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines
Borderlands 2
Papers, Please
Enter the Gungeon
Surviving Mars
Learn Japanese To Survive! Hiragana Battle
SoulCalibur
Catan (2007)
Trials HD
Ikaruga
Jazz Jackrabbit
Crazy Taxi
Archon: The Light and the Dark
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Contra
Sid Meier's Colonization
Left 4 Dead
Jet Grind Radio
Harvest Moon: A Wonderful Life
Dig Dug
Ticket to Ride
Assault Heroes 2
The Lord of the Rings Online: Shadows of Angmar
Too Human
Portal 2
Anno 1404
Stunt Track Racer
Pinball Fx
Advanced Dungeons & Dragons: Cloudy Mountain
State of Emergency
Minecraft
Mad Tracks
Jetpac Refuelled
The Shivah
Blokus
Hydro Thunder Hurricane
3-D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
de Blob 2
Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy
Ghostbusters: Sanctum of Slime
Frogger 2
Tropico 4
Elder Sign: Omens
The Lord of the Rings Online: Siege of Mirkwood
Forbidden Island
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Happyshopper wrote:
mightyoak wrote:
I'd like to propose a MB for Major League Gaming (MLG):



Sources:

Sorry if this isn't true, it's hard to tell exactly on my phone, but the proportions on the controller look a little strange like it's been squashed side to side a bit.

You're correct; I compressed it horizontally. It seems like the best trade-off.

Otherwise, to maintain the original proportions, the controller would need to be cropped to the side edges of the image and possibly even into the controller itself (both of which I'd like to avoid).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Bolme
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Or just have the MB be 14 px tall (with one row at the top and bottom being fully transparent).

Sort of like mb does in the vertical.

In this case, I think aspect ratio is more important than filling the full 16x16 area.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
edbolme wrote:
Or just have the MB be 14 px tall (with one row at the top and bottom being fully transparent).

Sort of like mb does in the vertical.

In this case, I think aspect ratio is more important than filling the full 16x16 area.

So something like this:

(v1)
-> (v2)


V2: Changed image dimensions to match source's proportions.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:
mightyoak wrote:
I'd like to propose a MB for Major League Gaming (MLG):



Sources:

Sorry if this isn't true, it's hard to tell exactly on my phone, but the proportions on the controller look a little strange like it's been squashed side to side a bit.

You're correct; I compressed it horizontally. It seems like the best trade-off.

Otherwise, to maintain the original proportions, the controller would need to be cropped to the side edges of the image and possibly even into the controller itself (both of which I'd like to avoid).

I understand it's possible you may have considered (and discarded, for whatever -probably valid- reason) slightly editing the original image to make it square? Something like this (just a quick mock-up):

->


*Posting anyway in the unlikely scenario an approach like this hadn't crossed your mind.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
paracelso_dra wrote:
I understand it's possible you may have considered (and discarded, for whatever -probably valid- reason) slightly editing the original image to make it square? Something like this (just a quick mock-up):

->


*Posting anyway in the unlikely scenario an approach like this hadn't crossed your mind.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's actually exactly what I did with V1

I cropped and then squared the source image (plus other adjustments) before shrinking it. As a personal preference, I left a little space between the controller and side edges.

[EDIT] Oops, never mind! Now, I see what you did. I didn't notice that you extended the background vertically to make it square. Interesting. I can explore that idea.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Here's a version trying out Tincho's idea:

(v2)
-> (v3)


V3: added colored backgrounds to top and bottom rows

Poll: MLG Microbadge
Which version should I submit?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
(v2)
50.0% 2
(v3)
50.0% 2
~ neither option yet ~
0.0% 0
Voters 4
This poll is now closed.   4 answers
Poll created by mightyoak
Closes: Sun May 26, 2019 6:00 am

Name: Major League Gaming (MLG)
Mouseover Text: Major League Gaming
Group: Video Game Related >> Platforms, Interfaces and Websites
Group Description: eSports

Sources:


thumbsup Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
I'd like to propose a microbadge for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive:



Name: CS:GO (Counter-Strike: Global Offensive)
Mouseover Text: CS:GO
Group: Video Game >> C
Group Description: Counter-Strike fan

Sources:


Creator's Note: I also have a version with a very subtle frame added
. *Please let me know if you prefer that idea.

thumbsup Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, some manner of framing is preferred for yellow spectrum fields.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Nothing fancy~
Updating the name for the 999 badge to match the VGG name entry. Otherwise everything is straightforward.

Poll
Ready for submission?
  Yup, fire away~ Needs work. Specifically ... My cat walked into the room and vomited when it looked at the screen. I think you should give up on this one.
- Super Mario RPG fan
- 999: Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors fan
      4 answers
Poll created by ArcticLancer

Late followup, but gosh I've been busy recently ...

I tend to view low voting as a sign I've gone awry, so if anyone has other feedback on the SMRPG badge I'd love to hear it (I completely understand nobody really having opinions on the 999 badge, but SMRPG has to be familiar to more than a couple of others here).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:


Cyberpunk 2077 fan



Darken the yellow a tad?

Maybe try a soft, shallow drop shadow? The colours look good - they're both just bad on white at that scale.

Revisiting this one, the drop shadow just made the whole thing hard to read so I've taken a different direction and gone with a black background instead (as per their website).

Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Already better but good enough? I might have to kill the border gradient, seeing it here, and go with plain black.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
Creator's Note: I also have a version with a very subtle frame added
. *Please let me know if you prefer that idea.

Is it just me or is the border darker on the yellow but lighter on the blue? It's subtle but makes the edge of the blue side look less sharp to me.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Happyshopper wrote:
mightyoak wrote:
Creator's Note: I also have a version with a very subtle frame added
. *Please let me know if you prefer that idea.

Is it just me or is the border darker on the yellow but lighter on the blue? It's subtle but makes the edge of the blue side look less sharp to me.

You're correct. There is a subtle white frame added to the dark blue side.

The intention is for it to balance out the subtle black frame added to the yellow side. It seemed weird for only one side to have a frame, and it seems weird to added a dark frame to already dark background.

If people like the idea of the image having some sort of frame, then I'll compile some different options and put it to a poll.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
Is it just me or is the border darker on the yellow but lighter on the blue? It's subtle but makes the edge of the blue side look less sharp to me.


"Darker on the Yellow but Lighter on the Blue" is the name of my Contemporary Christian album.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Kinsman
Canada
Halifax
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:


Cyberpunk 2077 fan



Darken the yellow a tad?

Maybe try a soft, shallow drop shadow? The colours look good - they're both just bad on white at that scale.

Revisiting this one, the drop shadow just made the whole thing hard to read so I've taken a different direction and gone with a black background instead (as per their website).

Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Already better but good enough? I might have to kill the border gradient, seeing it here, and go with plain black.

I prefer the original as the black overpowers the colours in this version. Is there any potential for a version that has a drop shadow or faint stroke to help define the shapes without taking over the entire image?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:


Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Darken the yellow a tad?

Maybe try a soft, shallow drop shadow? The colours look good - they're both just bad on white at that scale.

Revisiting this one, the drop shadow just made the whole thing hard to read so I've taken a different direction and gone with a black background instead (as per their website).

Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Already better but good enough? I might have to kill the border gradient, seeing it here, and go with plain black.

I prefer the original as the black overpowers the colours in this version. Is there any potential for a version that has a drop shadow or faint stroke to help define the shapes without taking over the entire image?

I actually prefer it with some background, but I agree that the black BG seems a bit off. I think the original (transparent BG) is just way too light against light backgrounds. If just adding drop shadow to it doesn't work, then maybe try making the BG royal navy blue or dark-ish purple? They look pretty interesting to me...

3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks chaps. The drop shadow didn't work because of the blue, so I could remove the blue on the C and try it again too.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
So here are a few options regarding the frame:

(a)
- (b)
- (c)


A: has no frame
B: has a subtle dark frame that's symmetrical from top-to-bottom
C: has a subtle dark frame that's asymmetrical (darkest in the top-left and bottom-right corners)

Poll: CS:GO MB frame
Which version should I submit?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
(a)
- no frame
20.0% 1
(b)
- symmetrical frame
60.0% 3
(c)
- asymmetrical frame
20.0% 1
~none of these options~
0.0% 0
Voters 5
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Poll created by mightyoak
Closes: Mon May 27, 2019 6:00 am
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
I'd like to propose a microbadge for Clash Royale League:



Name & Mouseover: Clash Royale League
Group: Video Game >> C
Group Description: Clash Royale

Sources:

Website: https://esports.clashroyale.com/

Creator's Note: Just in case, here's the microbadge the Clash Royale game mb.
[EDIT] I considered adding a DS effect similar to Ed's, but without the extra row on the bottom, it didn't look promising


thumbsup Any and all input is greatly appreciated!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
Poll: CS:GO MB frame
Which version should I submit?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
(a)
- no frame
20.0% 1
(b)
- symmetrical frame
60.0% 3
(c)
- asymmetrical frame
20.0% 1
~none of these options~
0.0% 0
Voters 5
This poll is now closed.   5 answers
Poll created by mightyoak
Closes: Mon May 27, 2019 6:00 am


>take a screenshot and open up an image editor to look at the versions up close
>decide which is the best one
>click on the poll
>it doesn't work
>click repeatedly and wonder why I'm only getting a stupid hand icon
>realize I'm still in the image editor
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tincho
Argentina
flag msg tools
What?
badge
Stop Poking Me!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
[...]
>realize I'm still in the image editor

Never happened to me whistle
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sjeng wrote:
This
!


> > ?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
still prefer the quoted one
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
Avatar
mb
Kaffedrake wrote:
Sjeng wrote:
This
!


> > ?

My vote would be for #2:
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, a poll with every degree of slantiness and the joker option:

Poll
      6 answers
Poll created by Kaffedrake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The word translated to "the sound of a thrown bucket hitting
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
May as well poll buttons at the same time:

Poll
but better
but better
but better
      9 answers
Poll created by Kaffedrake
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  322 , 323 , 324 , 325 , 326  Next »  [326] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.