Warsong
Slay the Spire
Root: A Game of Woodland Might and Right
Metroid Prime Trilogy
Limbo
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Galactic Civilizations III
Istanbul: Digital Edition
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
RWBY: Amity Arena
Evolution
Super Mario Kart
Planescape: Torment
Baldur's Gate
The Curse of Monkey Island
Diablo II
Star Wars: Dark Forces
Star Wars: Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II
Ultima IV: Quest of the Avatar
Resident Evil 2 (1998)
Star Fox 64
Donkey Kong Country
Spot: The Video Game
BMX Simulator
Phantasy Star II
Super Mario Land
Jet Grind Radio
Double Dragon III: The Sacred Stones
Star Wars: TIE Fighter
Mario Golf
Brave Fencer Musashi
The Orange Box
Sonic & Knuckles
Zombies Ate My Neighbors
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Star Wars: Episode I: Racer
Ultima IV Part 2: "Dude, Where's My Avatar?"
NHL Hockey
Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
Batman (1986)
Diner Dash
Terminal Velocity
Mighty Bombjack
Kirby's Dream Land
Ristar
James
United Kingdom
Weston-super-Mare
Somerset
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:
ArcticLancer wrote:
Happyshopper wrote:

Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Darken the yellow a tad?

Maybe try a soft, shallow drop shadow? The colours look good - they're both just bad on white at that scale.

Revisiting this one, the drop shadow just made the whole thing hard to read so I've taken a different direction and gone with a black background instead (as per their website).

Cyberpunk 2077 fan

Already better but good enough? I might have to kill the border gradient, seeing it here, and go with plain black.

I prefer the original as the black overpowers the colours in this version. Is there any potential for a version that has a drop shadow or faint stroke to help define the shapes without taking over the entire image?

I actually prefer it with some background, but I agree that the black BG seems a bit off. I think the original (transparent BG) is just way too light against light backgrounds. If just adding drop shadow to it doesn't work, then maybe try making the BG royal navy blue or dark-ish purple? They look pretty interesting to me...

Time to revisit a troublesome badge...

Dropping the light blue shadow on the C was definitely the way to go. I like the background and border now too. What do other people think?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Interests > Animals > Birds > National > Canada >
Sweden
flag msg tools
Help, I'm being held prisoner in an overtext typing facility! I don't have much time, they could find out at any m
badge
I'm that weirdo whose number of badges sold prior to yesterday Bail Organa is keeping track of
mbmbmbmbmb
mightyoak wrote:
I'd like to propose a MB for the new augmented reality game, Harry Potter: Wizards Unite:

-- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Group: Video Games >> H
Group Description: Harry Potter

Source:

thumbsup Any and all input is appreciated!

In the source I see individual sparks flying from where the wands converge. In the badge, some sparky lines kind of emerge from a diffused glow. This makes the whole thing look like a wandway stretching towards the horizon. This may or may not be an issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm the weirdo who purchased overtext solely for the purpose of stating that Kaffedrake's overtext makes me feel melancholy.
mbmbmbmbmb
Happyshopper wrote:
Time to revisit a troublesome badge...

Dropping the light blue shadow on the C was definitely the way to go. I like the background and border now too. What do other people think?

I vote for bolder and brighter on the "C."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kaffedrake wrote:
mightyoak wrote:
-- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite

Source:

In the source I see individual sparks flying from where the wands converge. In the badge, some sparky lines kind of emerge from a diffused glow. This makes the whole thing look like a wandway stretching towards the horizon. This may or may not be an issue.

I totally agree. I've been meaning to address this issue before any official submission, but have just allowed myself to get distracted. Thanks for the input. Please let me know if this isn't quite enough.

(v1)
-> (v2)

V2: Tried making the sparks more distinct. Subtly adjusted coloring of wands.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  323 , 324 , 325 , 326 , 327  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.