Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
I'm bored and have too much geekgold. So, I've decided to create a little game to test the waters and see if people think this is interesting or not. The game is: Why am I tipping your post? Try to figure out what my reasoning is behind the tipping of your posts and you'll win 5 geekgold. The first one will be fairly easy, and then if I get much of a response, I'll try some others.

What you want to do is either post just a random comment, or post a guess, and I will tip your post based on whatever arbitrary logic I've ascribed to this game. I will also tell you how much I would tip my first post, as a jumping off point. So. If I was tipping this post, I would give it 0.10 geekgold. (note - I will thumb your post if I don't tip it, so you know I've acknowledged it)

Any takers?

RULES:
1: You can not make two posts in a row (including guesses), unless it is a new day since your last post.
2: No limit to posts made in a day otherwise.
3: I will tip the amount based on my rule, but if a post earns no tip then I will thumb it to acknowledge I've seen it. (I'll probably thumb every post but this is just so you know if you check).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mario Perez
United States
Worland
WY
flag msg tools
badge
[SKEPTICAL SIGHING]
mbmbmbmbmb
Why aren't you tipping? Or leaning for that matter.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
YOU IS bored and have too much geekgold. So, YOU decided to create a little game to test the waters and see if people think this is interesting or not. The game is: Why YOU'RE tipping your post? Try to figure out what YOUR reasoning is behind the tipping of your posts and you'll win 5 geekgold. The first one will be fairly easy, and then if YOU get much of a response, YOU'll try some others.

What you want to do is either post just a random comment, or post a guess, and YOU will tip your post based on whatever arbitrary logic YOU've ascribed to this game. YOU will also tell you how much YOU would tip YOUR first post, as a jumping off point. So. If YOU was tipping this post, YOU would give it 0.10 geekgold. (note - YOU will thumb your post if YOU don't tip it, so you know YOU've acknowledged it)

Any takers? YOU?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Troy
United States
Los Osos
California
flag msg tools
This overtext is far more interesting than I am.
badge
One die to rule them all.
mbmbmbmbmb
Is space infinite?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
YOU IS bored and have too much geekgold. So, YOU decided to create a little game to test the waters and see if people think this is interesting or not. The game is: Why YOU'RE tipping your post? Try to figure out what YOUR reasoning is behind the tipping of your posts and you'll win 5 geekgold. The first one will be fairly easy, and then if YOU get much of a response, YOU'll try some others.

What you want to do is either post just a random comment, or post a guess, and YOU will tip your post based on whatever arbitrary logic YOU've ascribed to this game. YOU will also tell you how much YOU would tip YOUR first post, as a jumping off point. So. If YOU was tipping this post, YOU would give it 0.10 geekgold. (note - YOU will thumb your post if YOU don't tip it, so you know YOU've acknowledged it)

Any takers? YOU?

I'll let you get away with this one THIS time, but for the future, I'm not accepting duplicate posts with slightly changed words like this. I'll comment on this if necessary, but...

Additionally - anything in quotes will NOT be considered when I calculate tipping totals.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry. It was the quickest way to eliminate some possibilities.

Perhaps this post will be 0.03?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Osirus wrote:

Well, at least I've established what is too easy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:

So, you're tipping up to 5.00 geek gold based on the decimal number included in the post? (Since your initial post also included a mention of 5 GG, but you didn't tip yourself that amount.)

Or are you only tipping amount mentioned between 0.01 and 0.99?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This reminds me of Zendo, but using post content instead of pyramids (or emoticon arrangements, when run in the BGG Zendo forum). I like it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
rgatti wrote:
This reminds me of Zendo, but using post content instead of pyramids (or emoticon arrangements, when run in the BGG Zendo forum). I like it.

That was actually kind of my inspiration!

rgatti wrote:
Osirus wrote:

So, you're tipping up to 5.00 geek gold based on the decimal number included in the post? (Since your initial post also included a mention of 5 GG, but you didn't tip yourself that amount.)

Or are you only tipping amount mentioned between 0.01 and 0.99?

No, if you guess WHY I'm tipping you get 5 GG. Other than that, there's no determination what I'll tip other than knowing the secret. The posting koan, if you will.

Edit: I didn't realize you could tip your own posts. It never even occurred to me I would ever have a reason to do that. SO I might start doing that.

Bonus edit: You can't tip your own posts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jaime Lawrence
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
designer
Jingle Bells, Cthanta Smells, I will kick his ass
badge
Because I am an awesome Crab with style, charm and class, oh!
mbmbmb
What if I also tip their posts, just to confuse them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are posting absed on the outside temperature at the North Pole
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jules
Belgium
flag msg tools
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
badge
Hanlon's razor: Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity
mbmbmbmbmb
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Hida Mann wrote:
What if I also tip their posts, just to confuse them?

well, then I guess they will need to check who tipped, to make sure you're not a sneak sunavawat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmbmb
One shiny geek penny because I have graced your thread with my presence.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this post would be worth .01 gold if I wrote it in the style of a fan-fiction writer writing a slash Harry Potter/Twilight story or 1 gold if I wrote it at the level of Tolkein. In my case, it is worth .10 gold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Abreu
Portugal
flag msg tools
MAISON ABREU: Lair of Abreu, you know, that guy below. Do not mistake this for other Maisons or Houses or even Abreus.
badge
I do look good on this chair, dont I?
mbmbmbmbmb
Tip you first
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy Wiles
United States
Macon
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You're tipping me because I shared awesome cookie recipes, and you made some, and they were good.

I think you're just a sock puppet for GROGnads, so he can practice posting with something a little less... colorful. Just as confusing, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
amwiles wrote:

You're tipping me because I shared awesome cookie recipes, and you made some, and they were good.

I think you're just a sock puppet for GROGnads, so he can practice posting with something a little less... colorful. Just as confusing, though.

I don't "Like" the imp-lications of your post - could you "B" corn-fusing me with persons elsewise? whistle

(was that convincing enough? I can't tell, but I can never pass up an opportunity to play around with this.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Gatti
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Merry Christmas Eve!!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Serious? Lee
United States
Coppell
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
Lost in thought.
mbmbmbmbmb
Such a fun diversion. I'll be back later this evening after wrapping presents and putting little ones to bed to see if I've received 0.02 geekgold or not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Holidays!
Ukraine
Chernivtsi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, got my 0.01 GG - I guess you tipped my avatar (well, he earned me most my tips )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Thomas
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So I was wrong teh last two times but will try again. It may be related to the phases of the moon but I doubt that. Maybe it has something to do with the number of capital letters in the message.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.