Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Merry Xmas...
badge
...and a Happy Newyear!
mb
I counted my 2018 boardgames and IT WAS A TOP YEAR!

I've been logging games played since mid 2007 now. Played 230 games in '18, a new personal record! No doubt because besides the - in our family - immensely popular Monopoly Deal Card Game (59 games in '18), I added Coup (17 games since I bought it at Spiel, October) which is also short and popular, so a bit skewed data.

Viticulture Essential Edition (22 games, 2nd most played game for me in 2018) is a game my wife and I love, both with just the two of us and in groups.

Normandy '44 was my most played wargame, 4 games and that's just face to face; a 5th was through Vassal/pbem, but I only log games played at the table.

In short, lots of fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris McDermott
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Key Flow for the first time on Thursday. It's a faster, better Keyflower. Well to me anyway.

The boys enjoyed playing KLASK as I knew they would. They also liked the expansion to Exploding Kittens - Exploding Kittens: Streaking Kittens.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
I got dad to play Manoeuvre with me. After some choppy explanation from me, we played one game with open hands. He picked the French and I chose the English. The game took almost two hours, mainly because we went slowly and broke down each turn to make it easier for him to digest. I was the first to kill five units and therefore I won.

Afterward, dad said he really liked the game and wants to try it again another day, which is great. He also mentioned how he is reading the Art of War by Sun Tzu, and liked how the territories in the game affect combat and how it matches up with what he is reading.

Later I played four games of Diamant with my parents. Mom won the first two games because dad and I are horrible and pressing our luck. It took me until my the last game to stop being as greedy and I finally won.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I started my solo carreer, and have never looked back. I still play multi games when I finally get together with other gamers, but I am mostly left on my own, so my gameplay is being done solo.

But I love it!! And my number of game plays, and how many games I have learnt the rules for, has increased exponentially.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
I felt like some quick and light games so it was Patchwork and Kingdomino tonight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
So...why do they have these overtext things anyway?
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
The other night we squeezed in a quick game of Carcassonne.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
On my last day at my parents I remembered at the last minute to get them signed up for BoardGameArena.net so that I could finally make them play games with me all day every day. They're retired, what else do they have to do?

Anyway, we started a 6 nimmt game (the first game I saw that we all knew so I could move the demo along quickly) which will take forever and I don't actually care about, but soon I'll move onto something I want to play more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
This is what I really look like. Really. Actually, it was clip art borrowed from the internet
mbmbmbmbmb
Good plan. I was on BGA back in the day when they had Dominion. I loved that port. Now, I just need to get back on (just revisited the other day and was amazed how many games are there and at Yucata now!)

I'm beardandglasses on both sites...would prefer asynch games...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Good plan. I was on BGA back in the day when they had Dominion. I loved that port. Now, I just need to get back on (just revisited the other day and was amazed how many games are there and at Yucata now!)

I'm beardandglasses on both sites...would prefer asynch games...
Added on BGA. Maybe I should look up my Yucata account, it's been too long.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
On my last day at my parents I remembered at the last minute to get them signed up for BoardGameArena.net so that I could finally make them play games with me all day every day.

That's a great idea! I think I will try this with my parents and see how it goes.

If anyone is looking to play more games online, look me up on BGA and Yucata as well. I've been meaning to get back into playing on those sites again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Lost two games of Survive tonight. Played with the dolphin expansion and I have to say I love the new dice. Anything that takes a brutal game and makes it even more brutal gets my vote.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a thought on games that would be fun to play on Yucata…if anyone else is interested...

Macao
Castles of Burgundy
To Court the King
Downfall of Pompeii
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a ton of games today. I went to a friend's house and taught him Quartermaster General, Hero Realms, and Harvest.

I played The Capitals with my sons tonight.

I went, before going to friend's house, to the storage area and sprung my games from it. It's nice to have Arkwright, Indonesia, Chicago Express, and many others back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Just a thought on games that would be fun to play on Yucata…if anyone else is interested...

Macao
Castles of Burgundy
To Court the King
Downfall of Pompeii

I don't know Macao or Castles of Burgundy yet, but I do know Pompeii and I have played To Court the King several years ago, so I would be down for those two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I remember enjoying Castles of Burgundy enough to buy it but I've hardly played it since then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Kingdomino for the first time the other night. Short, sweet, decision-rich. A winner in my book. We played two games of 5x5 and one of 7x7.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
I remember enjoying Castles of Burgundy enough to buy it but I've hardly played it since then.

If you want to do a refresher, non-scored game on Yucata, let me know. For me, it's a game where you follow your gut...after all, it is a point salad...and I love salad!

I just refreshed my account on BGA. Wow, I have an award for having won Dominion 50 times...7 years ago! My last time on the site was 3+ years ago.

I'm amazed how many "new" games are on both sites.

I'm good for a once-per-day (maybe one extra) each evening, although Sundays are rough, so don't be surprised if it goes to Monday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd like to play Russian Railroads, Eminent Domain, Polis: Fight for the Hegemony, and Innovation

On Yucata, Automobiles and Ground Floor.

I don't know how to play any of these games, really.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:

If you want to do a refresher, non-scored game on Yucata, let me know. For me, it's a game where you follow your gut...after all, it is a point salad...and I love salad!

I just refreshed my account on BGA. Wow, I have an award for having won Dominion 50 times...7 years ago! My last time on the site was 3+ years ago.

I'm amazed how many "new" games are on both sites.

I'm good for a once-per-day (maybe one extra) each evening, although Sundays are rough, so don't be surprised if it goes to Monday.
I invited you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Now that I'm back into Yucata I'll suggest anyone who wants to play games with me there (ColdFrog) are welcome to challenge me to:
Can't Stop
Carolus Magnus
El Grande
Jaipur (2 player only)
Hanging Gardens (A personal Favorite)
Castles of Burgundy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently acquired and played Hyperborea, I'm a fan. Cool bag-builder.

tickmanfan wrote:

I don't know Macao or Castles of Burgundy yet.

Both Stefan Feld games, CoB is his most popular on BGG but one of his least popular with me. I think Macao is great, one of his best. Even people playing CoB would secretly rather be playing it, which is why after rolling the dice in CoB and claiming a tile with cattle on it, they'll sometimes say, "Macao!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Jaipur (2 player only)
Hanging Gardens (A personal Favorite)

I'll play these with you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, dang, my game list didn't attract any Rudys.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I'd like to play Russian Railroads, Eminent Domain, Polis: Fight for the Hegemony, and Innovation

On Yucata, Automobiles and Ground Floor.

I don't know how to play any of these games, really.

When I get home tonight (and get out from behind the firewall) I'll send an invite for Automobiles. I've played once or twice, but still have no idea what I'm doing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
On Yucata I know...

Balloon Cup
Can't Stop
Egizia*
El Grande
Fearsome Floors
Hey, that's my fish
Jaipur
Kahuna*
Oregon
Pompeii
Stone Age
The Hanging Gardens
To Court the King
Torres

On BGA I know...

Carcassonne
Seasons*
Stone Age
Hanabi
Can't Stop
Takenoko
Love Letter
Lost Cities
Sabateur
Ican Gold
Jaipur
Hive
Quoridor
Kahuna*
Battle for Hill 218

*Would need a refresher
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  80 , 81 , 82 , 83 , 84  Next »  [85] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.