GoldenEye 007
Bubble Bobble
Railroad Tycoon
Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Syberia
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
Disney's Aladdin (Master System/Game Gear)
Civilization: Call to Power
Super Street Fighter II
Moon Patrol
Mega Man 2
Ticket to Ride
Link's Crossbow Training
Star Wars: Rebellion
Mount & Blade
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box & Trivial Pursuit
Castle of the Winds
Frozen Synapse
Reiner Knizia's Battleline
Tanktics: Computer Game of Armored Combat on the Eastern Front
Carmageddon
Ataxx
Wings of Fury
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2216 Posts
[1]  Prev «  84 , 85 , 86 , 87 , 88  Next »  [89] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Lets talk about board games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry, one more post...It is also "sandbox" which means it does not enforce rules. Each player must know the rules and move accordingly...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Sorry, one more post...It is also "sandbox" which means it does not enforce rules. Each player must know the rules and move accordingly...

Do you know the rules?

Also, I'm not sure but it might be the kind of thing where we both have to be on at the same time. Working on figuring that out...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried a solo game version at home before, but I certainly don't know the rules well enough to just sit down and slog it out
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
I tried a solo game version at home before, but I certainly don't know the rules well enough to just sit down and slog it out

I watched a 50 minute teaching video on it recently, just to make sure I knew what was what. I don't know that I'd want to teach it over voice chat though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I perfectly understand that. I dabbled with Lewis and Clark last night since I am very familiar with that game...and even that was hard to get the pieces to move and work the board. I think it is certainly one of those things where it would be really hard to simultaneously learn the game AND learn the interface.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
So Sonar isn't bad. It's light and doesn't overstay its welcome. Dad really enjoys it. We added some house rules, which make the game more tense and fun. It's better one on one as any additional players don't do much besides tracking the opponent. I am trying to think of a way to spice up their role by giving them more responsibility.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mb
I introduced Family Business over the weekend to my wife, daughter and some other family. It's been sitting on a shelf for over 15 years, unplayed. They loved it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
But I'm also in the mood for a Dungeon Crawl.

I'd love to play a space themed dungeon crawl sort of like the video game Dungeons of the Endless. Working your way through a crashed spaceship, room by room, collecting loot, finding people to join you, fending off monsters, and looking for a way out. Does anything like that exist as a board game?

Maybe Nemesis? Or Deep Madness. Or Space Cadets: Away Missions

oh wait, you need to check Endure the Stars!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Played my fourth game of Manoeuvre with dad. I won by on point in a nightfall victory. Basically, I had more territory on his side of the map when our decks ran out of cards.

I like this game but I really need to work on not getting into a rush and try developing strategies. While cards and dice do add luck, which I am perfectly fine with, you can still mitigate that with a plan and good positioning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Brown
United States
Parker
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ordered Cryptid the other day. Looks like an awesome deduction game. Really love me some Tobago and hoping this scratches the same itch. Plus family likes Tobago. Maybe this one will get to the table!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Gosh!! I have 20 odd games on pre-order, 20 odd more on wishlist, and I have been sniffing around a few videogames on KS. Somebody take away my wallet!!! cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
Gosh!! I have 20 odd games on pre-order, 20 odd more on wishlist, and I have been sniffing around a few videogames on KS. Somebody take away my wallet!!! cry

Sounds as if you're suffering from "greener grass in the future" syndrome. This is not a criticism, as I'm suffering from the same, it's just a heads-up. Seems like you're focusing on purchasing games that are yet to come, and it might (note: might) be a case of "preferring to long for what will come, than enjoying what's here", which is a rather common situation, but one that you'd want to keep under control, lest is may run amok.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone want to play Navegador on Yucata.de? It looks like a lot of fun to me... Automobiles is going wonderfully. Love a good race game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Anyone want to play Navegador on Yucata.de?

I'll game. I just watched an instructional video and it looks like a fun game. Don't expect much competition though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Jythier wrote:
Anyone want to play Navegador on Yucata.de?

I'll game. I just watched an instructional video and it looks like a fun game. Don't expect much competition though.

Yay!

I'll give it a bit to see if anyone else wants to join in and then get the game started. I don't have you as a friend on Yucata, I should probably scroll up and find your name and stuff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I don't have you as a friend on Yucata, I should probably scroll up and find your name and stuff.

tickmanfan
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

tickmanfan

That's original.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
¡dn ʇǝƃ ʇ,uɐɔ ı puɐ uǝllɐɟ ǝʌ,ı
Canada
Chestermere
Alberta
flag msg tools
Life lesson: Hamsters are NOT diswasher safe.
badge
There are 10 types of people-- those who understand binary, and those who don't.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

tickmanfan

That's original.

I just checked: I'm Mabby. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
MABBY wrote:
MABBY wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

tickmanfan

That's original.

I just checked: I'm Mabby. blush

Too funny!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
guess who is coldfrog
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
ColdFrog wrote:
guess who is coldfrog

Do you wear glasses?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:
guess who is coldfrog

Do you wear glasses?
No

Side note, this reminds me of my favorite game, "Subjective Guess Who" where you ask questions like, "Does this person read celebrity gossip" and "did this person kill their spouse". It is cooperative and you both win if the other player guesses your person.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Please include me in that Navegador invite if still available
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woot, 3er!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep. I've had it sitting on my shelf for a few years now -- love the theme and rondels...I've got to think of an excuse to teach the fam. Not sure how they will react as they weren't too keen on Hamburgum.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  84 , 85 , 86 , 87 , 88  Next »  [89] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.