The Hotness
Games|People|Company
Evolution
Evolution
Fallout 2
Portal 2
Minecraft
Resident Evil: Revelations
Red Dead Redemption II
Through the Ages
Artifact
Terraforming Mars
Ganz Schön Clever
Mystic Vale
Mass Effect 2
Chrono Trigger
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Drakengard
Mario Kart Wii
Final Fantasy Tactics
System Shock (1994)
NetHack
The Dig
Escape from Monkey Island
Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn
Worms: Open Warfare 2
GoldenEye 007
Bubble Bobble
Railroad Tycoon
Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Syberia
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
Disney's Aladdin (Master System/Game Gear)
Civilization: Call to Power
Super Street Fighter II
Moon Patrol
Mega Man 2
Ticket to Ride
Link's Crossbow Training
Star Wars: Rebellion
Mount & Blade
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box & Trivial Pursuit
Castle of the Winds
Frozen Synapse
Reiner Knizia's Battleline
Tanktics: Computer Game of Armored Combat on the Eastern Front
Carmageddon
Ataxx
Wings of Fury
Recommend
46 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2216 Posts
[1]  Prev «  85 , 86 , 87 , 88 , 89  Next »  [89] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Lets talk about board games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rudy, if you want to try before you buy on Kingsburg: To Forge A Realm, just let Amy and I know when you're next visiting!
5 
 Thumb up
1.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:
Rudy, if you want to try before you buy on Kingsburg: To Forge A Realm, just let Amy and I know when you're next visiting!

I don't know why but I keep forgetting you guys play board games too. How did we not get a board game in when I was out there? Wait, has it really been two years already since I visited you both? I got to make plans to come out there again before I blink and we're all in our 70s.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Still playing a lot of Keyforge, but will probably put other two-player games back in the rotation more for February.

Last night my in-laws were asking my son (3.5 yo) what he wanted to be when he grew up. After the usual answers, I asked him what he's most excited to do with me when he gets bigger.

"Play bigger, adult board games with you!"

heartheartheart
8 
 Thumb up
0.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jdw734 wrote:
Last night my in-laws were asking my son (3.5 yo) what he wanted to be when he grew up. After the usual answers...


I'm curious what your 3.5 y/o's answers were. My 4.5 y/o's are that she wants to be a "canoer" (one who owns and operates a canoe, I suppose), or a "hiker/explorer". Wish I could get paid for either of those.

jdw734 wrote:
...I asked him what he's most excited to do with me when he gets bigger.

"Play bigger, adult board games with you!"

heartheartheart


D'awwwwwwwwwwwww...lol
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
jdw734 wrote:
Last night my in-laws were asking my son (3.5 yo) what he wanted to be when he grew up. After the usual answers...


I'm curious what your 3.5 y/o's answers were. My 4.5 y/o's are that she wants to be a "canoer" (one who owns and operates a canoe, I suppose), or a "hiker/explorer". Wish I could get paid for either of those.
I think he said astronaut, and then said Ryder from Paw Patrol...
5 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
On the topic of bigger, adult board games:

I'm eager to break into my newly arrived copy of Fallout: New California. Kiddo and I have been playing Fallout pretty regularly, but I feel bad even thinking about playing it whenever she's not around since the original game isn't cooperative. I've "modified" the original game so that we have matching agenda cards as a workaround, but with the expansion I won't have to do that as all the players work to progress one faction. That said, I won't feel so bad about playing a few turns while her character is "camped".
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
I've mentioned before how one of my goals this year is to play more board games with my parents. I decided to make an unpublished geeklist to keep track and help keep me accountable. So how am I doing? In January I played 67 total games with them across 16 different board games. The most played was Azul with 11 games.

It's strange to see those crazy numbers where before it was considered a good month if we play just one game. The geeklist does a good job making me think about playing games whenever possible. I also got mom playing on Yucata recently. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
I've mentioned before how one of my goals this year is to play more board games with my parents. I decided to make an unpublished geeklist to keep track and help keep me accountable. So how am I doing? In January I played 67 total games with them across 16 different board games. The most played was Azul with 11 games.

It's strange to see those crazy numbers where before it was considered a good month if we play just one game. The geeklist does a good job making me think about playing games whenever possible. I also got mom playing on Yucata recently. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out.


I want to play a game with Rudy and his Mom, that sounds awesome.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mb
Which reminds me, my wife did say she wanted to play Talisman with you again Rudy.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Which reminds me, my wife did say she wanted to play Talisman with you again Rudy.

Wait, does it work now!? We need to schedule this pronto!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mb
Well it worked last time
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Reset my game of Fallout this weekend, including all the stuff from the Fallout: New California expansion.

I really, really enjoy that game. Daughter played a few turns with me, then I played a few solo. Got some decent loot, completed some interesting quests...it's really immersive.

My daughter was thrilled that one of her "encounters" in the game was that she stumbled upon a carnival, and decided to participate, which was one of her choices. She ended up "winning" a bunch of caps (in game currency), and was beyond excited.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

It's strange to see those crazy numbers where before it was considered a good month if we play just one game. The geeklist does a good job making me think about playing games whenever possible. I also got mom playing on Yucata recently. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out.

Wait! You're on yucata? Anything you want to play? I'm Grimwold on there as well if you want to hit me up for a game.. I tend to only take 1 or 2 turns a day though.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game of Bezzerwizzer over the weekend with the family. I had forgotten about that game. I used to play it with some friends in college fairly often. Was a fun time.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Well it worked last time

Well, let's do this then!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
Grimwold wrote:
Wait! You're on yucata? Anything you want to play? I'm Grimwold on there as well if you want to hit me up for a game.. I tend to only take 1 or 2 turns a day though.

I added you as a buddy and sent a game invite. I don't know a lot of games but I am willing to learn.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Grimwold wrote:
Wait! You're on yucata? Anything you want to play? I'm Grimwold on there as well if you want to hit me up for a game.. I tend to only take 1 or 2 turns a day though.

I added you as a buddy and sent a game invite. I don't know a lot of games but I am willing to learn.


i'm on there all the time right now because I like Automobiles and I'm trying to learn Navegador.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
Avatar
mbmbmb
Ooooh, some online friends are planning on doing a Scythe play, which is exciting. I've always been interested but no one I know in person has it. I know it's not going to be the same (especially knowing about the quality of the components) but I'm still very excited.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked Scythe and think it's worth a few more plays.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
Avatar
mbmbmbmb
If Andy mentions anything about beating me in our first game of To Court the King, don't believe him. He totally didn't cut me down with a slew of threes.
5 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
If Andy mentions anything about beating me in our first game of To Court the King, don't believe him. He totally didn't cut me down with a slew of threes.
3 is the magic number.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
Avatar
mb
Last weekend we (2 couples) played Viticulture Essential Edition in a wine bar. Cool experience. In advance we had an idea about only ordering wines from grapes which you're actually farming in the game, but that idea was dropped somehow. Still had a great time.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
Avatar
mb
First games played in our new house!

The honour went to:

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Four player game, together with a friend we played human side and needed to fuel the truck to get out of town. We managed in a nice time. This game also came out of the dust as it was two years since last played it.

Betrayal at House on the Hill. Four player game, 20th game. Never had the same scenario so far. Man I love this. My wife turned out to be the traitor as she found a madman in the bedroom and her character got killed. However we where lucky as we could easily trap the zombies that came after us in the right rooms and won the game.
11 
 Thumb up
0.50
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
First games played in our new house!

Congratulations! I didn't know you were moving house.
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

The honour went to:

Last Night on Earth: The Zombie Game. Four player game, together with a friend we played human side and needed to fuel the truck to get out of town. We managed in a nice time. This game also came out of the dust as it was two years since last played it.

Betrayal at House on the Hill. Four player game, 20th game. Never had the same scenario so far. Man I love this. My wife turned out to be the traitor as she found a madman in the bedroom and her character got killed. However we where lucky as we could easily trap the zombies that came after us in the right rooms and won the game.

Sounds like a fun session.. I haven't played BAHOTH in ages.. not since I got the revised edition in fact. Need to crack that open at some point.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
Avatar
mb
Congrats on the new house!
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  85 , 86 , 87 , 88 , 89  Next »  [89] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.