GoldenEye 007
Bubble Bobble
Railroad Tycoon
Heroes of Might and Magic IV: The Gathering Storm
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy
Syberia
The Lord of the Rings: The Battle for Middle-earth II
Disney's Aladdin (Master System/Game Gear)
Civilization: Call to Power
Super Street Fighter II
Moon Patrol
Mega Man 2
Ticket to Ride
Link's Crossbow Training
Star Wars: Rebellion
Mount & Blade
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box & Trivial Pursuit
Castle of the Winds
Frozen Synapse
Reiner Knizia's Battleline
Tanktics: Computer Game of Armored Combat on the Eastern Front
Carmageddon
Ataxx
Wings of Fury
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2216 Posts
[1]  Prev «  85 , 86 , 87 , 88 , 89  Next »  [89] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Lets talk about board games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
Thank you, we bought a house at the end of our street actually. We moved like 70 meters But we are finally house owners. Our house does not stand atop of a hill luckily.

I love betrayal. It's such a cool system. I don't think I have a revised version, still a Wizards of the coast version with wrapped tiles . But it works fine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Congratz on the new house Jan!

BTW: I have a spare set of Betrayal tiles, in shrink, unwarped. I'd be happy to trade you something for them (avalon hill, 2nd edition)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Thank you, we bought a house at the end of our street actually. We moved like 70 meters But we are finally house owners. Our house does not stand atop of a hill luckily.

A bit like my mum... She lived her whole life living on the same street.
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:

I love betrayal. It's such a cool system. I don't think I have a revised version, still a Wizards of the coast version with wrapped tiles . But it works fine.

I used to own this:
and played it quite a few times.

But I sold it and got this:
Which I've never gotten out of the box..
Mostly because we don't play so many games now with the kids around. One day I'm sure they'll play this with us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
O that is the revised edition that we have then.

@Sjeng, tx for the offer but it's not a big problem with us luckily. I heard of worse.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
I got ahold of an English version of Treasure Island.

Played the first scenario on 2 players, and the game was great fun, but the time constraint seemed to be way too harsh – at least for a first tutorial scenario. The game is about having a few cards (with actions you can do) on the table, some of them saying "if you spend an action here, and succeed in this die roll, draw a card from deck X" or even "if you do blablabla, take card number 132 from the deck and place it on the table", i.e. you sort of discover what is happening as you go.

The weird part was that we only had 5 rounds (I learned that I misunderstood, and it's 6 rounds) to do stuff, which means that unless you're very lucky with die rolls and card shuffles, you have virtually no time to dabble around. It felt weird and arbitrary that you just failed because a card deck ran out, and the time constraint seemed to be unduly harsch for a first scenario.

The system itself was extremely much fun, though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
If Andy mentions anything about beating me in our first game of To Court the King, don't believe him. He totally didn't cut me down with a slew of threes.

I still want a retheme of this with Elvis and all the various people in his entourage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Spirit of 70 wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
If Andy mentions anything about beating me in our first game of To Court the King, don't believe him. He totally didn't cut me down with a slew of threes.

I still want a retheme of this with Elvis and all the various people in his entourage.

No Johnny Cash expansion, no deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat, there's a game on Yucata called Ice Cold Ice Hockey...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game of Space Empires: 4X last night. We finally beat the Doomsday Machines... on easy. Next time we'll play on Normal and we still have to learn the advanced rules...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
Pat, there's a game on Yucata called Ice Cold Ice Hockey...

Looks really interesting!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been playing Race for the Galaxy on BoardGameArena and it's really fun. Going to get into a game of Through the Ages soon as well.

My Eminent Domain game has stalled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, I just finished my very first session of D&D. Four of us all playing for the first time using the latest starter set. We are fighter, cleric, wizard, and had some fun knocking around a few goblins!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Please remove your cursor from my avatar.
mbmbmbmbmb
jdw734 wrote:
Well, I just finished my very first session of D&D. Four of us all playing for the first time using the latest starter set. We are fighter, cleric, wizard, and had some fun knocking around a few goblins!

I started D&D for the first time in late 2017, and I love it. Haven't played in awhile due to conflicting schedules with the group, but it's always a ton of fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Never played D&D growing up. Evenings and weekends were always too busy with hockey.

Closest I ever got was HeroQuest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Never played D&D growing up. Evenings and weekends were always too busy with hockey.

Closest I ever got was HeroQuest.
I was thinking how it would have been nice to have a few of those minis during our session. But that's ok, we used the 'theater of the mind' instead.

The funny thing about this is the four of us had just finished Pandemic Legacy Season 2, and we were all looking forward to just playing whatever game we felt like at the moment instead of another round of Pandemic during our hangouts. Except then we jumped right into D&D. Haha oh well!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love D&D, I'm in a game over on RPGGeek where I'm playing a character that was created entirely through random rolls.

Yesterday we played Shadows of Brimstone: Other Worlds – Caverns of Cynder, doing the Hunted adventure where Void Hounds were stalking us through the Mines, and we had to either kill 13 of them, or we had to find a book hidden within the Mines that would banish them. We found the book! Which was good, since we only killed four Void Hounds. shake

We also ran into some of our new monsters: the Dark Stone Brutes, which were fun to go against.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mbmbmbmbmb
I love dungeon crawlers, although most of my experience with them is on the video game side of the house (looking at you, Diablo). Heroquest was really the only boardgame dungeon crawler I've ever played, although I did pick up One Deck Dungeon in an attempt to "scratch that itch", since I really don't have anyone else to play with.

Descent: Journeys in the Dark (Second Edition) seems like it would be the PERFECT game, but since I can only really play solo at the moment...it wouldn't really work out for me until I either make some friends, or wait until my daughter gets older and hope that she is still a gamer when that happens. We'll see.

If anyone has any recommendations for a single player dungeon crawler similar to Descent, I'm all ears!

Also, I think this is why I'm so hooked on Fallout. A lot of the elements in that game - looting, leveling up, exploration - are the same mechanics found in a dungeon crawler.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
Continued our weekly playing of Manoeuvre with Dad tonight. He started out fast and killed two of my English units. Then I came back and killed three of his French. Eventually, we were tied with four units lost, which means the next one to die loses the game. I got a chance to go at him with several cards and really high dice rolls, got the kill, and won the game.

Dad was a good sport despite losing again. He says he is having fun and I hope he is as I like playing this with him.

I want to pick up 1775: Rebellion because it is supposed to be a simple wargame (with good ratings) that you can learn in a few minutes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Never played D&D growing up.

Same.

I tried D&D for the first time a few years ago over video with a group of people I did not know. I remember being bored out of my mind with all the waiting and downtime. When it was my turn, I was unable to hit anything with a bow, which was supposed to be my best skill. I ended up pissed off and deeply regretted wasting three hours of my Saturday. That was my last time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Lundström
Sweden
Täby
flag msg tools
Now who are these five?
badge
Come, come, all children who love fairy tales.
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:
Never played D&D growing up.

Same.

I tried D&D for the first time a few years ago over video with a group of people I did not know.

1) Play RPGs over video sounds like a horrible idea.
2) Not a good idea to play with people you don't know.
3) Sounds like a bad group (you shouldn't have any downtime in RPGs really)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Race for the Galaxy with my wife today, so that was pretty cool.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played The Quest for El Dorado with my wife twice in the past few days, which is pretty cool. It's a nice game. The deckbuilding meshes well with the race to the end of the map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
Grimwold wrote:
Wait! You're on yucata? Anything you want to play? I'm Grimwold on there as well if you want to hit me up for a game.. I tend to only take 1 or 2 turns a day though.

I added you as a buddy and sent a game invite. I don't know a lot of games but I am willing to learn.

i'm on there all the time right now because I like Automobiles and I'm trying to learn Navegador.

Beardandglasses there as well...

Jay kicked my but in the a fore mentioned Automobiles game...

whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
beardandglasses wrote:
Jythier wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
Grimwold wrote:
Wait! You're on yucata? Anything you want to play? I'm Grimwold on there as well if you want to hit me up for a game.. I tend to only take 1 or 2 turns a day though.

I added you as a buddy and sent a game invite. I don't know a lot of games but I am willing to learn.

i'm on there all the time right now because I like Automobiles and I'm trying to learn Navegador.

Beardandglasses there as well...

Jay kicked my but in the a fore mentioned Automobiles game...

whistle

Added coldfrog, mabby and grimwold to the friend list. Anyone else?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
I played Race for the Galaxy with my wife today, so that was pretty cool.

Even though hit with a nasty cold and in bed most of the past 3 days, had time for a round of Macao and Stephenson's Rocket: Eastern USA & China on the USA map.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  85 , 86 , 87 , 88 , 89  Next »  [89] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.