Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
2331 Posts
[1]  Prev «  88 , 89 , 90 , 91 , 92  Next »  [94] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Lets talk about board games! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Maybe the game doesn't appear in these immediately after the game is over? Because I swear I checked both of those and even refreshed several times and never saw it!

But now I do so.... I dunno

My game of Castles of Burgundy that I played a while back isn't there though, that's odd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Maybe the game doesn't appear in these immediately after the game is over? Because I swear I checked both of those and even refreshed several times and never saw it!

But now I do so.... I dunno

My game of Castles of Burgundy that I played a while back isn't there though, that's odd

All the games in the history list show ranking points, so it may not show unranked games. Perhaps your Castles game was unranked.

Also, on the communiction tab there are system messages when a game is deleted due to inactivity.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Just read up a bit on Star Wars: Outer Rim, and am pretty interested in learning more about it. Seems like more games are capable of being played solo nowadays, which is a very good thing for me personally.

Turns out I also like games that include the mechanic of improving your character / ship / loadout / whatever. Not sure what the mechanic is called, but I'm discovering that is a draw for me. Love it in Fallout, see it's in this game too.

Plus, you know...Star Wars.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Related to my last post - but a question directed towards those that have been active in the board game hobby for awhile now.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be considerably more solo, or solo-capable board games being released in the last few years?

I've only been back in the hobby for a few years now, but it does seem like there is a trend of game developers creating games that are true solo experiences, or solo-capable. I remember reading about Mage Knight Board Game a few years ago and thinking that was pretty cool, but recently I feel like there are many more options available for solo gamers.

If so, I hope it's a trend that continues. I'm definitely playing more games as a result.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Jythier wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:
Hey Tick, what happened to our Hanging Gardens game? It ended and I can't even see the final results or anything! (because I definitely came back from behind despite you having more points than me without the hidden tiles)

Aww, man, it shows up blank when I click on the link. It says I won but I don't see any proof. Shame because that was a good game we were having. Let's go again!

I really don't like how Yucata games end without giving you any sort of update as to what happened. Chats messages from the last turn are often missed because of that.

It's certainly not as cool as BGA imo. But BGA doesn't have Automobiles.
Perhaps. But NEITHER of them has Automobile, and that's unfortunate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
Jythier wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:
ColdFrog wrote:
Hey Tick, what happened to our Hanging Gardens game? It ended and I can't even see the final results or anything! (because I definitely came back from behind despite you having more points than me without the hidden tiles)

Aww, man, it shows up blank when I click on the link. It says I won but I don't see any proof. Shame because that was a good game we were having. Let's go again!

I really don't like how Yucata games end without giving you any sort of update as to what happened. Chats messages from the last turn are often missed because of that.

It's certainly not as cool as BGA imo. But BGA doesn't have Automobiles.
Perhaps. But NEITHER of them has Automobile, and that's unfortunate.

That might be the main reason that I checked out Automobiles.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Schoonmaker
United States
Long Beach
California
flag msg tools
badge
This overtext intentionally left blank.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Related to my last post - but a question directed towards those that have been active in the board game hobby for awhile now.

Is it just me, or does there seem to be considerably more solo, or solo-capable board games being released in the last few years?

That is my perception as well, though I wouldn't care to speculate what is driving it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any reviewers here? If you'd like to try your hand at reviewing a boardgame or RPG, go check out my new contest: Geek Video Contest 2019 - Part 1

Don't forget to thumb it, so it gets visibility, thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
NeonElephant wrote:
IceFire1424 wrote:

That is my perception as well, though I wouldn't care to speculate what is driving it.

The desire for them.

I'm part of the 1-Player Guild on BGG. I love solo board games, so I'm a bit biased.

In fact, these days, I won't buy an expensive board game unless it also comes with solo rules. I've created solo rules for some games that don't have them in the past, but it is much nicer to have that experience out of the box.

I imagine that there are many more who feel the same way, that they want a board game experience that isn't tied to whether or not your friends happen to be free that night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
More 7 Wonders tonight. We found ourselves in a three-way tie, which was really neat. Since opening the box for the first time last week, I won the first 5 games and then lost the last 6.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Broke open Notre Dame for the first time today. The first and last time I played it was when I was up visiting Seth. I think I did much better in points this time around.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Wilkinson
United States
New Castle
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
When asking "What would Jesus do?", remember that flipping over tables and using a whip are within the realm of possibilities.
mbmbmbmbmb
Our friends from Ohio came over and we played Puerto Rico and Echidna Shuffle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Broke open Notre Dame for the first time today. The first and last time I played it was when I was up visiting Seth. I think I did much better in points this time around.

The first Feld game I ever played, and still one of my favorites!

Another game of Hyperborea with Debbie today. I, uh, may have misread a rule. blush
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Also going to give the thumbs up to Notre Dame, I haven't played in a while but it's always been fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:

Alas, my copy is still in shrink! Soon...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
Last night was an epic, 3p game of Ticket to Ride Map Collection: Volume 5 – United Kingdom & Pennsylvania, Pennsylvania map. I was down, but not out as Player #3. Player #2 jumps into a gap I created (I had to go that way), and I was loathing the hopelessness of the situation. However, I quickly reconnoitered, and got another route to connect. Last two turns (as it turns out) were drawing one already-completed route from the four mandatory destinations.

I was able to squeak out a victory, by a mere few points, due to the most destinations and huge bonuses on the completed tickets and that I had several of the stock bonuses to myself (not sure how that escaped the notice of player #1, a mastermind of strategy). Player #1, at the conclusion famously says, "Wow, I didn't win for once."

A well-earned victory, indeed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Played some 8 player RoboRally yesterday.. it was crazy fun. My eldest (8 y/o) won by virtue of being the only person to reach flag 2 when we stopped.

also played some No Thanks! and Deer in the Headlights Game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mb
A Distant Plain yesterday! Two new players, who could start only at 19:45, meaning after all explaining we started at 21:15 (new, late, AND no time to read the manual in advance!shake ). Throw in some AP and we declared a victor at around 3:00 in the morning - game not finished but two new addicts.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
I, uh, may have misread a rule. blush

I do that with every new game I learn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played a few games with the kids today:

Heroscape
Forbidden Island
Escape: The Curse of the Temple.

Then after they went to bed, I played some solo Arkham Horror: The Card Game.. I'm invested in the game now, so I want to play it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
I actually hit a lul in boardgaming and gaming in general at the moment. We don't seem to get our group together to play any rpg's.

We also don't really find a lot of energy to play any boardgames as well. And the number of Videogames is also very low.

We have however took out two months of netflix so we are just taking a small break and look at series in the meantime.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
Grimwold wrote:
Played some 8 player RoboRally yesterday.. it was crazy fun. My eldest (8 y/o) won by virtue of being the only person to reach flag 2 when we stopped.

I am so bad at roborally, I never seem to get to checkpoint one in the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
Jrtolf wrote:

O I like Wattsalpoag their games (and the meaning of their name), haven't played this one but it looks gorgeous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
Status for February...

Total games played = 61
Number of different games = 13
Most played game = 7 Wonders (11x)
Average games per day = 2

This is not counting online games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a copy of Istanbul, and played it 3p, it was great!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  88 , 89 , 90 , 91 , 92  Next »  [94] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.