Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Just wanted to tell I played 1944: Race to the Rhine last Friday, with my wife (! - a wargame of sorts) and a friend. Saturday and Sunday I played UNO and Monopoly Deal Card Game several times with my wife and daughter.

To top this weekend off, Navegador arrived (belated birthday present, game I played and then added to my wishlist) and I enrolled in a PbeM game of Kingmaker, a game I saw around 1985 for the first time, bought in an auction over 5 years ago, but feared it will never hit the table. So at least now I can experience it!
I love Navegador, a jewel in my collection. Need to play it more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been playing Thunder Road with my family lately. We managed to play several times. I love this game. The kids and I have been messing around with acrylic paints lately, and I think I'll sit down and finally paint the minis for this game, soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
Aarontu wrote:
I have been playing Thunder Road with my family lately. We managed to play several times. I love this game. The kids and I have been messing around with acrylic paints lately, and I think I'll sit down and finally paint the minis for this game, soon.

Cars for Gaslands is what I have going right now. If Thunder Road is a hit with the family, theres a good chance you might like Gaslands too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gabe Hawkins
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
Check out my music at toastandbananas.com!
badge
Feel free to GeekMail me your QOTD suggestions!
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a game of Power Grid last night. I forgot how much I enjoyed that game. Hoping to get another session in this evening, if time allows.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
...something. :)
mbmbmb
middletonner wrote:
Cars for Gaslands is what I have going right now. If Thunder Road is a hit with the family, theres a good chance you might like Gaslands too.

I need to play this again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
tickmanfan wrote:
I need to play this again soon!

Game is rad. And the designer just released the campaign system, which revolves around a set number of official "everyone on the table at once for points" style matches and non-official "just play with who shows up and get money to buff the team" matches, so it will be very easy to run a full fledged campaign without too much organization. Double rad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
I've only played it once after I bought templates, dice, and counters online. I don't feel I have a strong grasp of the rules, so I want to get it to the table and work through the steps. Then once I have the procedure down, I want to try a campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Ugh, having a lack of free time sucks. I always read this thread and am constantly reminded of how little time I seemingly have for gaming nowadays. I keep telling myself that I'll put aside a couple hours a week to set something up, but by the time all the "domestic" stuff is taken care of, it's already 9pm on weekdays, or the weekend gets filled up with a hundred other things.

Blah.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted to play Crude with my kids for a week now and haven't been able to get it in at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
I still really want to get into a tabletop game. I love being able to set something up and just play a turn or two here and there when I / we have a few free moments. Trying to carve out even a couple hours and play something through completion just doesn't seem to happen with us. Not yet, anyways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
We struggle sometimes to make time, even though gaming on the table is up there for both of us. When we get too busy, we make it more of a vacation and block out a whole day. We work our butts off to get everything done, and when the day hits, we get up, make a ridiculous breakfast, stay in our jammies all day and just game, game, game. Ususally with loud music or a movie starring Harrison Ford in the background and cookies. lots of cookies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
middletonner wrote:
...we get up, make a ridiculous breakfast, stay in our jammies all day and just game, game, game. Ususally with loud music or a movie starring Harrison Ford in the background and cookies. lots of cookies.

LoL, that was oddly specific.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason W
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
middletonner wrote:
...we get up, make a ridiculous breakfast, stay in our jammies all day and just game, game, game. Ususally with loud music or a movie starring Harrison Ford in the background and cookies. lots of cookies.

My wife and I experimented with a movie on while gaming. The game was Knizia's new El Dorado game, and the movies were Mars Attacks and a couple nights later, The Birdcage. It worked out great! The game isn't one that requires great attention, and neither were the movies. Turn movie on, set up game, enjoy movie, enjoy game, finish game, then finish up the movie. Good times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Middleton
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
my Hobbes is a Madcat
mb
IceFire1424 wrote:
middletonner wrote:

lol, well when running in the background for all day games we need 2 things: something we've both seen 1000 times so we don't get too distracted and enough movie to last all day. So more than likely we will pop in Starwars Jones. Or Adventure Time. But it would have been confusing had i said "a movie starring Harrison Ford or otherwise a hipster's candy-based feverdream."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Tubb
United States
Fuquay Varina
NC
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
Ugh, having a lack of free time sucks. I always read this thread and am constantly reminded of how little time I seemingly have for gaming nowadays. I keep telling myself that I'll put aside a couple hours a week to set something up, but by the time all the "domestic" stuff is taken care of, it's already 9pm on weekdays, or the weekend gets filled up with a hundred other things.

Blah.
I know what you mean. My wife and I have some games we want to play, but we've been so busy lately that we haven't actually gamed in months, except for some shorter games like Thunder Road that we have squeezed in right after breakfast if I'm not scheduled to work that day. I only find time to play videogames because I can do it by myself and I leave for work before everybody else is awake, so I can usually get up a half hour early to play a bit before work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
I was just chatting with Jay in another thread and recalled how I haven't even played a multiplayer video game with a 'geek (or anyone, for that matter) since late 2018. Although that does make sense considering I haven't taken any time off this year (not including my daughters birthday, which I definitely wasn't going to spend playing games by myself ).

I think in our case, it really does just come down to setting something, any game up in the basement, even if I know we're not going to be able to play it in one sitting. At least when the game is set up, we'll occasionally go down and play a turn or two, which is nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Blah.

I agree. Time is the biggest obstacle for me as well.

Fortunately, had just enough time for a game of San Juan yesterday and eeked it out with a Guild Hall/Indigo rush at the end...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hobie
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
Secluded beach on the Virginia coastline. One of the greatest places on earth.
badge
Beardandglasses
mbmbmbmbmb
manukajoe wrote:
_Kael_ wrote:
Just wanted to tell I played 1944: Race to the Rhine last Friday, with my wife (! - a wargame of sorts) and a friend. Saturday and Sunday I played UNO and Monopoly Deal Card Game several times with my wife and daughter.

To top this weekend off, Navegador arrived (belated birthday present, game I played and then added to my wishlist) and I enrolled in a PbeM game of Kingmaker, a game I saw around 1985 for the first time, bought in an auction over 5 years ago, but feared it will never hit the table. So at least now I can experience it!
I love Navegador, a jewel in my collection. Need to play it more.

I really enjoy Rondel games. Unfortunately, no one in the mb is equally as excited about them. I broke out Hamburgum last summer and it fell flat as a pancake...I loved it (the game, not the fact that it fell flat).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
You know you want a board game pretty bad when you bid on an auction for an expansion before you even own the base game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
You know you want a board game pretty bad when you bid on an auction for an expansion before you even own the base game.

What gaaaaaame?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
The elusive Memoir '44.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
The elusive Memoir '44.

Cool beans. I will mention that if it remains elusive, BattleLore or the more readily available Battles of Westeros is pretty similar.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
tickmanfan wrote:
The elusive Memoir '44.

Elusive? How can it be elusive? I just picked it up a few years ago, and...wait...

/Checks Amazon.

Holy crap, it IS elusive now apparently. Had no idea.

Interesting.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Okay, I'll admit that I'm a bit curious now. Is it out of print or something? Could've sworn I always see copies at the FLGS, but I'll admit it's been awhile since I've been there.

If it is OOP, I'm sure they'll reprint with the new expansion coming out soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
I got...
badge
mbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:
I just picked it up a few years ago, and...wait...

Can I borrow your copy for a little while? I'll give it back... after I am dead. Promise!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  93 , 94 , 95 , 96 , 97  Next »  [97] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.