Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1047 Posts
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Sad news ONLY. Come join in the misery. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jason Tucker
United States
West Paducah
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Ready to form Voltron!
badge
Watch out, because the Blue Bomber is coming for your Master Weapons!
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the good thoughts. Fortunately, I've got excellent painkillers and an equally excellent gaming group who came together to lift my spirits last night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Our kitchen was attacked by mice, and we had to throw out a whole tray of frittata we'd just baked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
I'm just a dog, what can I say ¯\(ツ)/¯
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
R.I.P The Pokemon Fan Club
http://www.videogamegeek.com/thread/575215/the-pokemon-fan-c...
Quote:
You were the best, maybe even the best

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vladimir Lehotai
Slovakia
Piešťany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Another bit of sad news. Grandma got disgnostized (sp?) with starting Alzheimer's disease. Oh, well...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
Ah no fun, good luck with that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
God messed up and here I am!
badge
It is my firm belief that little puppy dogs named Mr. Poopytime will bring our country together!
mbmbmb
Didn't get the job.

EDIT: Vladimir - I believe the word you are looking for is "Diagnosed".

And yeah. Grandmas with Alzheimers are sad news indeed, as I know all too well soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ColdFrog wrote:
And yeah. Grandmas with Alzheimers are sad news indeed, as I know all too well soblue

Anyone with Alzheimers is sad news. Alzheimers is probably the thing I fear most.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vladimir17 wrote:
Another bit of sad news. Grandma got disgnostized (sp?) with starting Alzheimer's disease. Oh, well...

Man I'm sorry bout that

Spoiler (click to reveal)
For people who don't know about the Alzheimer diseasehttp://www.fightdementia.org.au/understanding-dementia/alzhe...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am really sad since no one has posted for a while, also the fact I have got nothing to play
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
Well it are sad things. If you really want those. I have to go to a funeral today, second one this month. This time for the nephew of my mother, who was age 69. Only two weeks ago we had to go to the one of my wife's great aunt.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Barad_the_dwarf wrote:
Well it are sad things. If you really want those. I have to go to a funeral today, second one this month. This time for the nephew of my mother, who was age 69. Only two weeks ago we had to go to the one of my wife's great aunt.

God rest her soul
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I found ants in the living room again. This has been a battle I have fought every year in our apartment for the last five years (ever since a condo was put in next door - I have a feeling the ants moved into our apartment building when the construction displaced their original home.)

I don't mind ants when they are in nature. I mind them greatly when they invade my living space.

So far there have been two scouts that I have apprehended... but I know there is a battalion behind them... and that if I've seen two, I've probably missed ten others...

I will have to start the next battle in what feels like a never-ending war.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonna
Finland
Helsinki
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
admin
designer
"Live your truth. Express your love. Share your enthusiasm. Take action towards your dreams. Walk your talk. Dance and sing to your music. Embrace your blessings. Make today worth remembering." ― Steve Maraboli
badge
नमस्ते (Namaste) – I honor the place in you in which the entire universe dwells. I honor the place in you which is of love, of truth, of light and of peace. When you are in that place in you and I am in that place in me, we are one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear that Carrie. My grandmother had ants in her house and it really seemed like an endless war
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sad cause it'sa my birthday and my dad didn't bother to get me anything
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
That is sad indeed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Renwmn wrote:

To bad I'm not as awesome with my 2141472914blank inch TV soblue
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you rockin' the mullet? Because I think that's what makes that kid so awesome...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
adularia25 wrote:
Are you rockin' the mullet? Because I think that's what makes that kid so awesome...

No way, it's his painfully white sneakers and acidwash jeans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M@tthijs
Netherlands
Venlo
flag msg tools
admin
Budo and boardgames...
badge
...weapons and wargames
mb
Really sad news.

This Saturday, a friend and classmate of my son died.
He was 8 years old.
He died of cancer.
He died quietly. Though due to the little fighter he was, his suffering in previous weeks was long.

My son was already in bed when the school principle called - we had been away all day. We'll have to tell him tomorrow, at breakfast.

My daughter was still up. She devastated.

Friday's the funeral.
Tomorrow we'll also go to school. Have a coffee, share our feelings, that sort of thing; most parents will be there.

-

The husband of our best friend died a few years ago of cancer. She's a widow with 3 kids. We're like family; we're often at each other's place.
After hearing his friend would die soon, my son first went quiet. And after some time noted that this was already the 2nd person he'd known personally who died of cancer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
mb
O my, my condolances to the family. And good luck to you and your family as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T'Leynti
Netherlands
Oud-Beijerland
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
Live long and prosper
badge
You proceed from a false assumption. I am a Vulcan. I have no ego to bruise.
mbmbmbmbmb
That is just plain awful. That is way too young.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DuffCreeper
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
_Kael_ wrote:
Really sad news.

This Saturday, a friend and classmate of my son died.
He was 8 years old.
He died of cancer.
He died quietly. Though due to the little fighter he was, his suffering in previous weeks was long.

My son was already in bed when the school principle called - we had been away all day. We'll have to tell him tomorrow, at breakfast.

My daughter was still up. She devastated.

Friday's the funeral.
Tomorrow we'll also go to school. Have a coffee, share our feelings, that sort of thing; most parents will be there.

-

The husband of our best friend died a few years ago of cancer. She's a widow with 3 kids. We're like family; we're often at each other's place.
After hearing his friend would die soon, my son first went quiet. And after some time noted that this was already the 2nd person he'd known personally who died of cancer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
My condolences.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amy
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm so sorry, Kael. Cancer is a horrible thing to have to deal with and it is dreadful losing someone. I'm so sorry for your family and that of the young boy.

My mother was nearly on death's door when she was diagnosed with a rare cancer in the fourth stage several years ago. With a wonderful medical team and aggressive treatment she survived.

Her health has never been good since then though. Her muscles have been so weak in her legs that she has been unable to rise from the ground on her own. (We thought this would get better with time, but it never did.) This past week she suddenly developed so much pain in her legs that she couldn't walk. She is presently in a wheelchair and unable to do so much including run her business and I'm now thousands of miles away.

Adding insult to injury her local medical institution hasn't been treating her condition with any sense of urgency. Originally they tried to give her an appointment months away than reducing it to weeks after much protesting. They have also refused to refer her to the major medical institution where she got her cancer treatment.

In desperation I e-mailed her former cancer doctor's assistant and then the doctor when I discovered the assistant was going to be out of the office for weeks. I absolutely expected the Doctor to forward the message on to another assistant, a scheduler, or another doctor's office. Instead she called me on her cell phone while she was on vacation to voice her concern and let me know that she would see my mother early on Monday morning. The difference in care and concern is staggering and it brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Her cancer may be back, but I'm not borrowing trouble. So now we wait and see, though at least I know she will be getting excellent medical care.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.