Onitama: The Board Game
Oxenfree
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age
World of Warcraft
Portal 2
Artifact
The Castles of Burgundy
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (1993)
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
Tabletop Simulator
Tides of Time
Shards of Infinity
Borderlands
BioShock 2
Super Mario World
Saints Row 2
Tales of Phantasia
Super Mario 64
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
Super Mario Kart
Mario Kart 64
Super Paper Mario
Super Mario Galaxy
The Movies
Grim Fandango
Diablo II
Diablo III
Super Monkey Ball 2
New Super Mario Bros.
Stunt Race FX
Red Dead Revolver
Impossible Mission
Master of Magic
StarTropics
Golgo 13: Top Secret Episode
Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1047 Posts
[1]  Prev «  38 , 39 , 40 , 41 , 42  Next »  [42] | 

Video Game» Forums » Everything Else » The Arcade

Subject: Sad news ONLY. Come join in the misery. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Tenpence wrote:
Make me feel better about having to dump an obscene amount of money into my car as I need new tires, brakes,water pump, shocks and new timing belt. debating a new car but do not want to make the leap yet as I know these repairs will keep it going a few more years.

Is your current car paid off?

If so - financially speaking, it's likely more economical to spend the money on repairs in the short term, instead of dropping lots more money on either a down payment and monthly payments to buy a new car, or the monthly payments for a lease.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't visited this thread in a while, but best wishes to Andy and Matt. I hope the holidays and being with family will help you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tenpence nonthericher
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Is your current car paid off?

If so - financially speaking, it's likely more economical to spend the money on repairs in the short term, instead of dropping lots more money on either a down payment and monthly payments to buy a new car, or the monthly payments for a lease.

Yes amazingly it is I say that because I was unemployed during most of the loan term. I am employed at a car dealership currently so the temptation to buy new is huge but as I look at the deals that cross my desk I am reminded of the expense of buying a new car literally everyday and the value of my current car.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoffrey Burrell
United States
Cedar Rapids
Iowa
flag msg tools
RIP former POTUS George H.W. Bush passes away, age 94.
cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the holiday season and I am feeling super grumpy, lonely and depressed. I am soooo sick and tired of being single and alone. I hate this time of year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
I'm sorry you're having a difficult time Simon - I know that can be hard.

Hoping you find something that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caroline Berg
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
...124 to run fleeing from the mountain. ...125 to use a rope to climb the cliff. ...126 to quickly cast "summon stairs." ...127 to dodge under the falling rocks.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm sorry Simon. I also hate this time of year, but for other reasons.

Here's to hoping the new year comes quickly and brings less loneliness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan
Belgium
De Haan
flag msg tools
admin
designer
I love cargo biking!
badge
...and videogaming, boardgaming, RPG'ing and helping users as an admin!
mb
so sorry to hear, sending my best wishes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
☆ ✧ ☆ ✧ ☆
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Looking at these stars suddenly dwarfed my own troubles and all the gravities of terrestrial life. I thought of their unfathomable distance, and the slow inevitable drift of their movements out of the unknown past into the unknown future. H.G. Wells
badge
Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it. Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together. All things connect. Chief Seattle
mbmbmbmbmb
Best wishes Simon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Move to the Frenzy
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a good weekend with my kids and some friends, so your best wishes must have worked
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
The oldest of our two beagles has a massive tumor in his abdomen. He's been having some issues over the past few weeks, but last night he was very restless, and couldn't seem to get comfortable. This explains why. This morning he's had labored breathing, been very lethargic, and has clearly been uncomfortable. I took him to the vet where they confirmed the tumor, and set him up for an X-ray to determine where it is, and what happens next.

Depending on what they find, surgery may be an option, but given his age (13) and medical history (seizures), I don't see that as likely. Sadly, I don't think he's going to make it through this.

My wife is devastated. At this point my focus is just making sure that he doesn't suffer, and that if something is to happen, that it won't be my wife or daughter to find him.

This sucks. I don't know what else to say, and I hate waiting to find out what happens next.

#@$^%, the vet just called back. He's not good.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
He's not going to be okay. Surgery not an option.

I don't know what to do. My daughter gave him pets this morning, do I let her see Cody one more time, or not? I don't know. I don't know if my wife will even want to see him again before he's gone.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry to read that. If there's nothing to do and he's not comfortable, the best option is probably to let him go

How old is your daughter?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
I might have a scary docto`s appointment on Monday. The doctor`s office called today and said that some of my recent tests were not very good. Whatever that means.........
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Elida wrote:
I might have a scary docto`s appointment on Monday. The doctor`s office called today and said that some of my recent tests were not very good. Whatever that means.........

What was it they tested? Anyway, I hope it turns out OK and was just an unnecessary scare.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, that`s what I am not sure of myself, but last doctor`s appointment we talked about possible rheumatism. But when I googled the test`s name (which I can`t recall anymore) I got hits on transplantation and wheat intolerance. Two fairly different issues. I will have to wait a week to see what will happen, but there is a possibility I need to go take some x-rays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

I don't know what to do. My daughter gave him pets this morning, do I let her see Cody one more time, or not? I don't know. I don't know if my wife will even want to see him again before he's gone.

That sucks, Pat. HUGS. None of the options are good no matter what. But if the kids are old enough, maybe ask them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rose
United States
New York City
NY
flag msg tools
"And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair." - Khalil Gibran
mbmbmbmbmb
Elida wrote:
Well, that`s what I am not sure of myself, but last doctor`s appointment we talked about possible rheumatism. But when I googled the test`s name (which I can`t recall anymore) I got hits on transplantation and wheat intolerance. Two fairly different issues. I will have to wait a week to see what will happen, but there is a possibility I need to go take some x-rays.

Hope it's just the doctor's overracting, Elida. Fingers crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam
United States
Tempe
Arizona
flag msg tools
AaAaAaAaAaAaA! Oh no! You shanked my Jenga ship!
badge
"We are plain quiet folk and have no use for adventures. Nasty disturbing uncomfortable things! Make you late for dinner! I can't think what anybody sees in them."
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat, I'm so sorry for your loss, and the impact it is having on your family.

Elida, I really hope that the doctor overstated how bad the news was in that call.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Haaken
Netherlands
Maastricht
flag msg tools
Check my YouTube channel "Boardgame Heaven"!
badge
Feel free to geekmail me about reviews, or if you need a microbadge designed.
mbmbmbmbmb
IceFire1424 wrote:

Ask them. They may want to say goodbye. Just spend a little time with him. When my previous cat was brought to the vet for the final shot, it was all quite quick and sudden. I cried a lot. But at least I was there, and could hold het and pet her untill the shot. I would not have wanted to have missed that.

Fingers crossed for you Elida. I hope it's nothing serious
edit: why don't you call back and ask what it's about? I mean letting you wait like that for a whole week in uncertainty?? I'd just ask "what test? what results?". I mean sheesh, how insensitive...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Cody (our beagle) passed yesterday afternoon. My wife and daughter (4 years old), got to say goodbye one more time at the vet before he was sedated. At that time he was comfortable, could still walk on his own, wag his tail, and give them both his last snuggles.

I came back and was with him at the end. So much harder than I imagined it would be. I don't think our daughter completely understands what's happening, but I think in a way, that might be a good thing.

I really miss him.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat
United States
Marcellus
New York
flag msg tools
War.
badge
War never changes.
mb
Elida wrote:

Hoping for the best possible outcome Elida.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ooops
Belgium
flag msg tools
mb
Sorry for your loss Pat. I know how it feels. Hopefully the sadness will soon leave most of the room for the pleasant memories.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agent J
United States
Coldwater
Michigan
flag msg tools
He's looking real sharp in his 1940's fedora. He's got nerves of steel, an iron will, and several other metal-themed attributes. His fur is water tight and he's always up for a fight.
badge
He's a semi-aquatic egg-laying mammal of action. He's a furry little flat-foot who'll never flinch from a fray. He's got more than just mad skills, he's got a beaver tail and a bill.
mbmbmbmbmb
i'm sorry for you loss, Pat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Monica Elida Forssell
Norway
Sandnes
flag msg tools
badge
Gone swimming
mbmbmbmbmb
@Pat. It`s hard when a pet gets sick. They become like family, and so close to your heart, it feels really painful when have to be put down. We had a Saint Bernhard dog years ago. He slept in my little sister`s room, taking care of the youngest in the house at all times. We had nine great years with him, but in the end he had a tumor the size of an orange, and we had to put him to sleep. My sister was devastated. She and I stayed behind at home after we had taken him for one final walk and cuddle time. She insisted on cleaning away all his stuff, and I helped her while comforting her.

For us it was important to be part of the goodbyes, since we had grown up together with him. I would rather have been close to him the last day of his life, than just be told over the phone that he had been put to sleep. I had just started studying in another town, so I was away for months on end...

I am not sure this helps, Pat. But know that we are all here to support you through these hard times.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  38 , 39 , 40 , 41 , 42  Next »  [42] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.