Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Welcome! This thread is here to facilitate getting members of this community together to play games. To take part, you need only do the following things:

1. Join this guild, and the VGG Steam group.
2. Add members of the VGG group to your friends list.
3. When you're looking to play some multiplayer, set your status to "Looking To Play" and/or check out the VGG Steam group chat room for others to play with.
4. Play games, and have fun!

This thread can be used to facilitate planning games in advance, to see if anyone is interested in some games you've been wanting to try, taunting, rejoicing, and anything else you want to talk about.

Game on!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: VGG Friday/Saturday game night!
I plan to be online from some time around 4-5pm EST(US) this Saturday evening. I'll try and remember to go into the BGG Steam group chat room (which I've never tried to use before).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alright, allow me to be the first to jump into the pool. I'm going to hang out in the group chat until someone else shows up to play a game! Here's my short list of games I'd be down for tackling:

Alien Swarm (FREE to download and play!)
Dungeon Defenders
Left 4 Dead 2
Orcs Must Die 2
Magicka
TF2's Mann vs. Machine, if there are enough players

I have little to no experience in any of these games! I also don't know anything about voice chat, but I have a headset and can tinker if it's preferred.

(Edit: I might be AFK as I do some tasks around the apartment, but I'll keep an eye on the chat)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Alien Swarm (FREE to download and play!)
Dungeon Defenders
Left 4 Dead 2
Orcs Must Die 2
Magicka
TF2's Mann vs. Machine, if there are enough players
Alien Swarm - Not installed at the moment, but it shouldn't take me too long if there's sufficient interest
Dungeon Defenders - Good to go
Orcs Must Die! 2 - Good to go
Magicka - Not installed, but I think the free weekend is still valid, so I can download it if that's what people want to try.
TF2 - Sound on TF2 is currently broken on my machine. Something to do with my Windows install that I can't repair without a fresh OS install.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
Well, I decided it would be a great idea to water my gaming desktop while I was gaming earlier with Seth. It's currently unplugged with the case open, so the fan can dry it out. You can count me out for tonight. I really hope there's no damage. Sigh.

shakecryshakecry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played Dungeon Defenders with a few people: paralipsis, Grimwold, SuperChutney, and Osirus. I didn't really know what the hell I was doing, but mashing on the left click button got me pretty far. It was fun, and I look forward to playing the game some more in the future! We used Steam's voice chat to various levels of success; a few had mic issues and didn't get it working, but for the most part it worked well. Not a huge showing for the first night, but we got a game going!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
Well, I decided it would be a great idea to water my gaming desktop while I was gaming earlier with Seth. It's currently unplugged with the case open, so the fan can dry it out. You can count me out for tonight. I really hope there's no damage. Sigh.

:shake::cry::shake::cry:
It's the curse of Osirus. It strikes again. Last time I gamed with him I ended up wandering out in 100F weather to go put my video card in for warranty repairs and purchase a backup to tide me over for the wait.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
It's the curse of Osirus. It strikes again.

Let this be a lesson for the rest of you: Never game with Egyptian gods.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH NO MY COMPUTER IS ON FIRE
I DON'T KNOW WHAT HAPPENED
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daleks stole my lunch box
France
Morbihan
flag msg tools
designer
Press 'X' to feel emotions.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
paralipsis wrote:
tickmanfan wrote:

shakecryshakecry
It's the curse of Osirus. It strikes again. Last time I gamed with him I ended up wandering out in 100F weather to go put my video card in for warranty repairs and purchase a backup to tide me over for the wait.

Apparently just mentioning it is enough to trigger the curse, my video card blew 4 capacitors yesterday (again) after I read this thread, I just spent part of the afternoon looking for replacement parts.

How do you exorcise a forum thread? because according to Rudy spraying holy water on your computer doesn't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
tickmanfan wrote:
I really hope there's no damage.

My video card is sleeping with the fishes. Got any recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Clearly, Kevin should change the name of this thread to "Cursed Thread: DO NOT READ".

Anyway, looks like my plan is working. Now I can finally reveal my true identity! Bwahahahaha!

Sincerely,
Bob Bobson
ATI/Radeon Sales

I am sorry to hear about everyone's graphics card woes, hope the replacements aren't too damningly expensive, and hope everyone else's computers stay functional.

Graphics card fried while gaming with Osirus: Achievement Unlocked!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
Osirus wrote:
Graphics card fried while gaming with Osirus: Achievement Unlocked!
I want a microbadge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Apparently Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a more than competent Mario Kart clone and is making its way to Steam soon. It might be fun to pick that up to play in a group! (Once Steam has it on deep discount, of course...)

It's a blessing and a curse that there is such a wealth of games I want to play with other VGGers. On the one hand I want to try a wide variety of games, but I'd also love to sink a lot more time into Dungeon Defenders to see everything it has to offer. Too many games!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tatoolo wrote:
Apparently Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed is a more than competent Mario Kart clone and is making its way to Steam soon. It might be fun to pick that up to play in a group! (Once Steam has it on deep discount, of course...)

It's a blessing and a curse that there is such a wealth of games I want to play with other VGGers. On the one hand I want to try a wide variety of games, but I'd also love to sink a lot more time into Dungeon Defenders to see everything it has to offer. Too many games!
It's high enough on my list, that my threshold is likely to be around $15 or so. I expect to see it at that price or better by the time of the summer sale at the latest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EsmiNi wrote:
tatoolo wrote:

Is Sonic cross platform?...
If you mean cross-platform multi-player, then no. You'll want to get it on the same platform as anyone you want to play it with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone up for playing Friday evening (Grimwold: Friday night; paralipsis and SuperChutney: Saturday morning)? I could do some more Dungeon Defenders unless we want to make that a Saturday evening (/night/Sunday morning) thing. I've also got my short list of games above. I'll post here before hitting the chat room, probably around 7pm EST (Grimwold: 12am, Australians: 11am). I can show up earlier or later if it fits peoples' schedules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's going to be a bit tight for me. But I'll likely be free somewhere around that time, even if it's only for an hour or so. Probably best if I don't host whatever it turns out to be that is played though :)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be in the group chat, ready to play in about half an hour.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Brown
United States
North Adams
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon Defenders is on! Come join the BGG chat room if you want to join in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am experiencing some serious connection wonkiness. I was signed out of Steam, though I still seem to have an internet connection. Bad time for Steam to choke up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin J
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I should be on in about an hour and a half (8pm by my clock), if anyone is up for something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
I'm up for anything.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rudy
United States
No too far from Philly
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Spoon?
badge
SPOOOOON!!!
mbmbmbmb
Played a little Path of Exile with Kevin. I like this game. We both started with new characters and got to level 4 I believe, so new comers won't be too far behind at this point. Cough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [45] |