Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." --Emerson
badge
There's sweet harmony in the chord of accord.
mbmbmbmbmb
A fan is evidently working hard at debugging MoM. His latest patch can be found here:
http://koti.mbnet.fi/ton_hur/files/mom/

I've just installed it and am beginning to try it out. No problems so far. The ReadMe file explains the fixes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
For a complete discussion see here:
http://realmsbeyond.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=3663
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't get this to work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
p55carroll
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
"Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience." --Emerson
badge
There's sweet harmony in the chord of accord.
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, apparently the 1.4 patch doesn't fix everything. In fact, according to this Wikia post, it actually introduces some new problems. It does apparently improve the AI, though.

I was disappointed to read about all the little problems with MoM; I was hoping they had all been cleaned up. But from what I gather, that's well-nigh impossible for even an expert fan to do alone, given the present state of things.

Still, I played MoM (with the 1.4 patch) last night and didn't run into any of the problems listed. The game ran fine, and I enjoyed every minute of it.

I'm such a casual player that I guess I just haven't discovered what the power players have long known. The original AI was tough enough for me. Now I'm half tempted to go back to version 1.31 just to be playing the "official" game.

The only real difference I've personally noticed is that all ships (triremes, galleys, and warships) have the same passenger capacity (8 units) in version 1.40. In the official 1.31 version, triremes carry only 3 units IIRC, and galleys carry only 5. So, I used to rush to get galleys; now I don't bother to build anything but triremes most of the time. The change was made because the AI would often get stuck while trying to overload a ship; in version 1.40 that never happens, so the AI players make it overseas more often.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls