From the Developer's Website:
Combat Mission Battle for Normandy uses our extremely powerful proprietary CMx2 game engine, the much improved and expanded second generation of Combat Mission products. This next generation engine is revolutionary as well as evolutionary, combining the best features of the previous CMx1 system with more detailed simulation elements, graphical depiction, user interface, and core game features. First used in the Combat Mission: Shock Force games, the game engine has been refined and evolved even further with 4 years of additional development, tweaking and improvements based on customer feedback.
Below is a short sampling of the vast number of features that await you in Combat Mission Battle for Normandy!
- Both RealTime (pausable) or WeGo (turn based, simultaneous turn execution) game modes
- 2-player Game Modes with Realtime over TCP/IP (LAN, Internet), WeGo with PBEM (Play by Email) or Hotseat
- Story driven semi-dynamic campaigns, stand alone (non-campaign) battles, QuickBattle generator, and full featured Editor guarantee endless replayability
- Allied vs. Axis, Allied vs. Allied and Axis vs. Axis play options
Full featured Game and Map Editor to create your own battles and maps - even campaigns - or edit existing battles and maps
- New hierarchical interface to visually select specific vehicles, equipment, and other options for your scenarios
- Unique and diverse mission objectives for each side, including several objective types (e.g. exit zones, unit and terrain based objectives) that can be hidden or known
- Improved Scenario briefing format, including a new Designer Notes subsection
- "Reduced headcount" option to simulate previously depleted formations