CARGO RUNNERS is a thirty minute 2-4 player traditional board game designed to be played with family and friends — The theme? "International Commerce on the High Seas."
★ ★ ★ CARGO RUNNERS WAYS TO PLAY ★ ★ ★
1. LOCAL PLAY: Use the game's 'around-the-table' local play mode to sit down at a coffee shop or kitchen table and enjoy a game with your friends, spouse or kids.
2. ONLINE MULTIPLAYER: Use the built-in Online Multiplayer features through Game Center to find another Cargo Runners player to be randomly matched with (may take a few days before enough regular users build up for auto-match to work at its best).
3. INVITE A FRIEND: Use Game Center in "Invite a Friend" to come play Cargo Runners online. It doesn't matter if your friend(s) are in Sweden or New York — the Online Multiplayer is fast, fun, and intuitive once you've set up an online play session!
★ ★ ★ CARGO RUNNERS HIGHLIGHTS ★ ★ ★
- NICE ART, SOUNDS, AND MUSIC: Beautifully-illustrated world map graphics, original recorded soundtrack, and custom sounds (or you can play your own music — first start your playlist and then launch the game!).
- FAST PLAY: Once learned, games typically last 20-30 minutes, about half the time of a typical printed board game.
- REWARDING REPLAYABILTY: The distribution of the Cargo Contracts is different every time you play, as well as the communiqué cards, weather events, and other challenges. Replay value for the game is very high!
- 2 TO 4 PLAYERS: Cargo runners is modelled after traditional board game designs and is a truly social game experience, to be played with up to four human players (it is not currently designed to be played against a computer).
★ ★ ★ CARGO RUNNERS DESCRIPTION ★ ★ ★
Trouble Brothers’ second originally designed game for iPad, Cargo Runners is played on a beautifully designed map of the world. The object of the game is to captain a ship that must journey around the globe racing to gather cargo as you compete for valuable contracts that earn you victory.
All the world’s a stage! Thirty cargo ports-of-call with six different types of goods: Aerospace, Apparel, Coffee, Energy, Fruit and Lumber. Six home ports, each with a couple of contracts that need to be delivered. A race to determine the captain of the sea!
Every game is different because the contracts always change. Dice rolls determine movement and you bank what you don’t use. Every turn, there is a chance that bad weather or political crisis will impede your decision. Often, there will be Communiqué cards that will give you bonus opportunities. Always, you will have to watch what the other players are doing.
Cargo Runners has the classic feel of a mid-50s board game - only it’s not! It’s brand new, designed specifically to take advantage of all the benefits of the iPad’s graphics and computing power. Cargo Runners can be played on a single iPad just like you would a regular board game or with its Game Center “Online Multiplayer” functionality, you can sail the world over with real players from all across the globe. A light strategy game built to bring back the joys of sitting around the coffee table sharing an evening’s entertainment.
Source: VGG Post by Developer.