Breach 2 is a tactical role-playing game developed by Omnitrend Software in 1990 for the Amiga, Atari ST and DOS. It is the first sequel to the 1987 game Breach, and was itself followed by Breach 3 in 1995. The game is set in the universe of Omnitrend's Universe and Rules of Engagement series and is compatible with the both Rules of Engagement games.
The player is a squad leader in the interstellar Federated Worlds Special Forces, whose goal is to utilize his squad of space marines effectively in winning different scenarios. If the squad leader is killed, the player loses the scenario and is bumped out of the mission back to the main menu. The player controls every action of each marine, including the squad leader.
Source: Wikipedia, "Breach 2", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
Back of Box
Challenge the future!
In 1987, Omnitrend Software released Breach amidst rave reviews praising it as "...having much in common with cinematic science fiction such as Aliens" - Compute Magazine.
It was heralded as being "...a science fiction fan's dream." - Computer Gaming World.
It was said that "With products like Breach, wargamers begin to see what the new, sophisticated machines can do." - Computer Gaming World.
Now, Mindcraft introduces the new, enhanced version of Omnitrend Software's next generation of advanced role-playing combat, Breach 2.
[Captions for four photos:]
Commanding Your Squad: All vital mission data at your disposal. Command your troops with simple mouse or key clicks.
Mission Assignments: Control multiple role-playing characters in different missions.
The Scenario Builder: Design your own missions or edit existing ones.
Far-Future Equipment: Equip your marines with laser weapons, anti-gravity devices, and electronic armor.
Omnitrend's Breach 2--now enhanced--now from Mindcraft!
Colorful graphics and rich sound
- 3-D Maps and views with animated combat.
- Widely varied multi-level terrain for missions in space as well as on alien worlds.
- Rousing musical score and digitized sound effects (IBM version supports AdLib, CMS and Roland sound boards).
Detailed missions with intelligent opponents
- Ten unique opponents featuring state-of-the-art artificial intelligence! Enemies have access to all the same equipment and weapons as you.
- Many different victory conditions. Each scenario has a different objective.
Advanced combat system
- Movement in all eight compass directions, with a new improved keyboard and mouse interface.
- Create role-playing characters and advance them through the ranks.
Multiple game options
- Different skill levels. Link scenarios to form a campaign.
- Includes a scenario builder to create your own scenarios or modify the 14 existing ones.
- Additional scenario disks available.
- Interfaces with other Interlocking Game System (IGS) modules from Omnitrend.