World of Warcraft: Battle Chest contains World of Warcraft and its first expansion: The Burning Crusade. Also included are strategy guides for each.
In 2011 the two strategy guides were dropped and replaced by a Beginner's Guide that covered the first three games and mentions Cataclysm. The software was updated to version 4.
- Two DVDs to install World of Warcraft and The Burning Crusade (PC and Mac versions on same DVDs).
- Game manual.
- One unique Authentication Key to create a World of Warcraft account (online registration required).
- One unique Authentication Key to upgrade World of Warcraft account to The Burning Crusade.
- Free month: First free month requires full completion of the online registration.
- World of Warcraft Battle Chest Guide
- World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade Battle Chest Guide
A digital purchase and download version of the World of Warcraft Battle Chest is available as of September 19, 2012 that includes World of Warcraft and its first two expansions, World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade and World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King. In October 2013, World of Warcraft: Cataclysm was added to the battle chest. No box version with all expansions has yet been released and will likely never exist. The new version of the battle chest is now simply called World of Warcraft.