They were the elite of the US Army, primed and ready to take on the enemy.
101 Airborne: The Invasion Normandy,
Tonight is the night of nights.In the early morning hours of June 6, 1944, the soldiers of the 101st Airborne were handed one of the toughest assignments of WWII : to parachute behind enemyines, at night, to secure the grounds before the morning invasion known as D-Day.
Go back in time to that fateful night to lead a "stick" of 18 paratroopers through multiple campaigns and combat engagements in this realistic initiative-based strategy simulation. From the barracks to the battlefield, you will command every aspect of the legendary landings.
• Initiative-based style gameplay with nine challenging campaigns, each with 28 individual combat engagements and 42 highly detailed maps.
• Historically accurate weaponry, damage modelling and detailed topography bring the war-torn French countryside to life like never before.
• Execute infantry-style tactics to complete your mission while fighting through surprise enemy attacks and other life threatening obstacles.
• Form unique squads from a selection of 48 troops, each proficient in different areas of skill and unique in personality.
• Multiplayer feature allows you to take to the battlegrounds as either US or German troops over a LAN, Internet or Network connection.
• Unique soldier animations and 3D-animated cut scenes bring added depth and excitement to the story line.
• This product is neither endorsed by nor associated with the 101st Airborne Division of the United States Arm.
Designed by Interactive Simulations (Tim Brooks)