From the application's "About" file
This game is a classic hex and counter game converted for Android.
There is a map of North Africa divided into hexes.
Each hex can be controled by one of two players: One player represents the Italian (and later the German) forces, while the other represents the British Empire forces.
Each player has a number of combat formations (units) which they may move around the map in an attempt to win the war.
Units have a name designation at the top, a symbol representing the unit type in the middle, a combat strength in the lower left and a movement rate in the lower right.
Victory can be achieved by capturing more objectives than the enemy - a major victory if you capture them all: Objectives depend on the scenario, Allied objectives are shown by green circles, Axis by yellow, while a joint objective is both colors.
The Full version has eight scenarios:
1. Italian invasion 1940.
2. Rommel arrives 1941 and storms across the desert, but cannot take Tobruk.
3. Operation Crusader - Rommel is defeated and Tobruk relieved.
4. Gazala - Rommel's masterpiece.
5. Mersa Matruh - The pursuit of the 8th Army into Egypt.
6. First Alamein - Auchinlek halts Rommel.
7. Alam Halfa - A desperate last throw of the dice.
8. Second Alamein - Montgomery annihilates Rommel.
All games can be played 2 player or as either side against the computer/phone/tablet.
The demo version has 1. and 3. above and is free.