Back of Box
August 2, 1990
Saddam Hussein orders his troops onto Kuwait soil. The United Nations Security Council responds by roundly condemning the action. Allied forces mass on the border of Kuwait. The US Navy aircraft carrier Roosevelt lies in the Gulf within striking distance of all strategic targets. Its crew is on round the clock alert...
When the scramble siren sounds you begin to experience the mind numbing thrill of supersonic combat as you lead a formation of F/A-18 fighters deep into the heart of occupied territory. Plan your missions to the last second and launch synchronized attacks of devastating accuracy. Fail by a hairs breath and watch helplessly as your comrades crash and burn...
As a front line U.S. Navy fighter pilot you'll have more than your hands full in this unique combat simulator. With fight routes and targets taken from original Gulf War records, Combat Air Patrol has a heavy payload to deliver for serious flight sim fans everywhere!
- Pilot the F-14 Tomcat or F/A-18 Hornet fighters
- Roar down valleys created by a unique contoured landscape system
- Play in campaign missions, single missions and instant action modules
- Explore over 11,000 km of road and rail networks, created from actual 'Desert Storm' pilot charts
- Lock-on to 1000 different types of targets over a massive game world, including Scud missile sites, supply trucks, tanks and trains
- Dogfight using your 'virtual cockpit' and keep your eyes on the enemy