From the box:
Rescue your lands & defend your empire!
Oasis combines the simple game play with the rich historical enchantment. Features include:
- A classic strategy and challenging puzzle game all in one!
- Levels go by in minutes, but you play for hours.
- 10 tutorial modes available.
- Uniquely generated levels.
- Infinite game play with over 35 levels.
- 4 distinct difficulty levels.
- 2 expanding play modes.
- Play Classic Oasis mode to tune your strategy click by click, then graduate to Pharaoh's Challenge to relive celebrated historical sagas such as Plagues of Egypt or the Trials of Nanakhut.
- Vibrant graphics and sound.
User summary by zefquaavius:
Oasis is essentially a solitaire board game with a few real-time elements. Explore the Egyptian terrain of your domain, looking for supporters to stave off invaders, more followers to help explore, etc. The details you must manage and gambles you must make grow more complex as the game progresses, but each level is self-contained. One of the designers, Andrew Leker, said of the game, "A level consists of 85 carrots and one big stick. The player takes 85 turns discovering and rebuilding his or her empire, where every turn creates some kind of goodness."