Back of Box
Journey back over 3,000 years to participate in this authentic drama accurately recreating the ancient Egyptian myth.
The ancient plot
Time: Eleventh year of the reign of the Pharaoh Osiris.
Location: Upper and Lower Kingdoms of Eqypt
Villains: Set, the God of Darkness and Harumheb, the High Priest.
Crime: Osiris is slain, on Set's instructions by Harumheb, aboard the royal barge. Set tears the body of Osiris into pieces and scatters it far and wide, where it is consumed by wild beasts and birds.
Problem: The souls of Osiris are banished to the frightful wastes of the Land of the Dead.
Your task: Accept the challenge to save the scattered souls of Osiris - his Seven Spirits of Ra.
- Overcome guardian demons and grow stronger by winning Talismans of Strength.
- Isis, Protector of Wanderers, may help you along the way.
- Ancient philosophical writings of priests will give you valuable clues.
- Graphics based on original Egyptian hieroglyphics may lead you or mislead you!
- Devious plots and subplots will test your mind at every turn.
Fail in your final battle with Set in his Stronghold and you drop into the fiery pit of Abat.
The journey is full of peril
Obstacles: Land of the Dead is a desolate landscape of desert and swamp lands, caverns and tombs, and pyramids constructed of complex passages and many levels.
Demons, snakes, rats, mummies, vultures, crocodiles, ghosts and bats including:
- Hinrafu, Master of Vermin
- Manu, Keeper of the Staff of Fire.
- Apu, the Serpent
- Hetsaphet, Guardian of the Staff of Light.
- Osa, Lord of Bats
- Sebat, the Crocodile
- Nefaru, Ruler of the Air