Back of Box
Rising from the ashen soil of the Valley of Tears, Darkspyre tower spirals towards the heavens. Angered by the failures of the people they created, the Gods of the Three Ways--War, Magic and Intellect--built the granite monolith as a final test of mankind's worthiness to exist. The gods decreed that man would perish in a rain of fire and lightning unless a champion was able to overcome the trials of Darkspyre within 2000 years.
Most of those years have passed, and even the great warrior Borel was unable to complete the quest. You are the last to enter Darkspyre.
Mentally preparing a final spell of healing, you draw a finely crafted scimitar, its razor edge gleaming in the torchlight. Compelled by rage, you raise a buckler of wood and leather and prepare to meet the challenge.
- Real-time, fantasy and role-playing. You never leave the main play screen to select weapons, cast spells or fight enemies.
- More than 50 unique levels to enjoy depending upon your combat, magic and strategic skills.
- An unbelievably realistic combat system where weapons break, armor wears and characters tire.
- More than 40 different creatures to encounter, including demons, the undead, elementals, deformed monsters and more.
- An in-depth magic system that delivers five different classes Sorcery, Wizardry, Healing, Conjuration and Enchantment with graphic animation for each.
- A full-length, professionally written novelette outlines the events leading up to your quest.
- Easy-to-use graphic interface avoids lengthy menu selections or typed commands. Play with a keyboard, joystick or mouse!