Zen Pinball 2 is an upgrade to the original Zen Pinball. Zen Pinball 2 features a new UI and an upgraded version of the game engine which improves graphics and physics. There is also a new social sharing feature which allows you to post scores to Facebook.
Zen Pinball 2 will be a free download for the PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. Users who already own Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball will be able to use all their DLC in Zen Pinball 2, which will import it automatically. There will be 26 tables at launch (available separately as premium downloadable content) each of which will be available as a free trial (though packs like Marvel Pinball: Vengeance and Virtue will still have to be bought as a whole). Users who purchase a pinball table on one Sony console will be able to play it for free on the other.
- Zen Pinball 2 is cross platform entitled. Any content bought will be playable on both PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita at no extra charge.
- Free trials are available for each table so players can try each table before purchasing.
- Those who already own Zen Pinball or Marvel Pinball content will be able to import their purchases into Zen Pinball 2 for free, receiving graphics, physics and social system upgrades at no extra cost.
- Zen Pinball 2 will launch with 26 different pinball tables including a mystery table based on one of PopCap's games.
- New trophies for all tables.
- New social system with in-game score notifications, challenges, Facebook posting, ProScore (personal performance across all tables) and TeamScore (a combined score ranking you and your friends).
- New rule sheets to help a player better understand the tables, while still providing opportunity for discovering the secrets of the table on your own
Source: Wikipedia, "Zen Pinball 2", available under the CC-BY-SA License.