Back of Box
As Real As It Gets
The world leader in flight simulation for the PC pushes technology and realism beyond the horizon. With a global database of scenery and airports, pilot-tested flight models, detailed instrument panels, and a fleet of challenging aircraft, Flight Simulator 98 is simply as real as it gets.
Take command of the world's most popular aircraft.
- Experience the most advanced and accurate flight models available on the PC, each validated by the experts--Cessna, Learjet, and aerobatic champion Patty Wagstaff.
- Ready for a hop in a chopper? Try the new Bell 206B JetRanger III helicopter.
- Blast off in the brand-new Learjet 45, a plane even the jet-setters are still waiting to fly.
- Fly your favorites--the Cessna 182 Skylane, Extra 300S, Boeing 737-400, Schweizer sailplane, and Sopwith Camel.
Climb into the pilot's seat. Take the controls.
- 3-D acceleration and MMX technology snap scenery into an electrifying new dimension.
- High-resolution instrument panels put you in today's technologically advanced cockpits.
- Digitally sampled sounds bring each aircraft roaring to life.
Flight Simulator 98 gives you more of the globe than ever before.
- Take off from more than 3,000 airports worldwide. With 10 times more airports than before, you'll be in the traffic pattern at airline hubs and suburban airstrips.
- Detailed scenery for 45 international metropolitan areas, including 20 new U.S. cities, lets you start your adventures almost anywhere--even from a skyscraper helipad!
Experience crowded skies and G-force feedback.
- Multiplayer features put you in the sky with other pilots via Internet or network connections.
- Free Internet matchmaking on the Internet Gaming Zone lets you enter international airshows and aerobatic competitions.
- Force-feedback joystick support makes "pulling G's" more than just a game.