From the back of the English/European PS2 case:
It's the semi-final of the championships, you're facing match point against a formidable opponent ranked 42 places higher than you. You've already faulted on your first serve and you are staring defeat in the face. You've got to conjure up a big serve from somewhere to put your opponent on the back foot.
In screams the serve, it's very wide, it kicks off the hard surface and is causing your opponent to stretch to make up the ground.
Off balance, your opponent returns a weak topspin shot right in to your path as you scream towards the net to close the angle.
You meet the return with a sweet backhand volley that heads towards the base line as your opponent scurries across to make up the ground.
The volley is a good one as the ball bounces a few inches inside the base line as your opponent tries in vain to make up the ground.
Match point saved and the pressure's off, but for how long? Have you got what it takes?
- 32 photo realistic players each with their own style and skills
- 16 stunningly detailed tennis stadiums in locations across the globe featuring grass, clay, hard and carpet courts
- Tournament mode - team with a partner and compete against 14 of the world's greatest tennis playing countries
- Multiplayer mode - fast and furious tennis with up to 4 game players in single match mode and 2 players can compete together in tournament mode
- Player editor - become a character in the game and create your own dream partner
- Motion captured animation provides lifelike movement and an ultra real tennis experience
- Tennis consultancy provided coaches to Jennifer Capriati, Arantxa Sanchez-Vicario and Tim Henman