Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition is a Rugby video game, developed by Sidhe and published by Tru Blu Entertainment. This game is the sequel to Rugby Challenge.
The game is titled All Blacks Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition in New Zealand, Wallabies Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition in Australia, Jonah Lomu Rugby Challenge 2 in France, and Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition for the rest of the world.
It was announced via the games official Facebook account, and confirmed on the game website, that Rugby Challenge 2 will be released worldwide on 13 June 2013.
The features and content of Rugby Challenge 2: The Lions Tour Edition include:
- Play in Single Match Mode, multi-team Competition Mode, a vastly expanded multi-year Career Mode, Tutorial Mode, or compete in online multiplayer with support up to 4v4 via PlayStation®Network, Xbox LIVE®, or Steam
- Refined and expanded gameplay with the addition of quick taps, quick lineouts, mauls from lineouts, interceptions, contesting ball at the breakdown, removing players from the ruck, number 8 scrum pickups, and dynamic in game team strategies on both attack and defence
- 110+ teams and 50+ stadia from around the world featured including official team, competition, and special match licenses for the All Blacks, the Qantas Wallabies, the USA Eagles, Bledisloe Cup, British and Irish Lions 2013 Tour of Australia, Barbarians FC, Combined Country, Super Rugby teams, Aviva Premiership Rugby, TOP 14 Orange, Pro D2, RaboDirect PRO12, ITM Cup, and Ranfurly Shield
- More options to create or customise players, teams, and competitions, and change game rules and behaviour to shape the game to play how you want and keep the game fresh year after year
- Revamped sound and commentary systems, with real-time commentary from seasoned rugby commentators [Grant Nisbett] and former All Black turned commentator Justin Marshall, and French language commentary from Eric Bayle and Thomas Lombard.
New Gameplay Features
- Quick taps can now be selected if a penalty is called.
- Quick Lineouts can be selected if player catches the ball outside of playing area.
- There is now an option to create a maul from a lineout.
- Players can contest the ball at a ruck/breakdown.
- Players can be removed from a ruck/breakdown.
- Number 8's can now pick the ball up from a back of a scrum.
- In game strategies are now in the game.
Source: Wikipedia, "Rugby Challenge 2", available under the CC-BY-SA License.