In Whirlstrom, you are a fish swimming in a large pond. The aim is to eat the prawns - but watch out for the Evil Fish, who relentlessly tracks you down!
You play a fish swimming in a quiet fish pond. If you take no action, you swim around in a constant circle. You can switch to an adjacent circle at any time by pressing Space. Keep pressing Space to meander around the pond, looking for prawns.
Items and Power-ups
- Prawns: These make you swim fast. Collect them all to finish the level!
- Evil Fish: Appears after a short timeout once you leave your home circle. This fish will relentlessly follow the whirlpools you create. Don't let it catch you! Tip: The Evil Fish will take the shortest path around the whirlpools. If you go the long way around a lily pad, you can trick the Evil Fish into crashing into it. Also, the Evil Fish can be killed by attacking it from behind.
- Lilies and rocks: Avoid the plant life in the pond or the rocks around the edge.
- Single-player: Collect prawns while evading the Evil Fish.
- Two-player: Deathmatch: attack your opponent from behind, or have them crash into obstacles.
- Spacebar: Switch to the next circle. Hold the button down to create the circle larger - this makes you go faster, too.
- Enter: (player 2 only) the same as Spacebar.
Source: The Publisher Website.