Football Manager Handheld was first released on 13 April 2006 on the PSP. This was Sports Interactive's first ever game for a handheld console.
Source: Wikipedia, "Football Manager", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
From the Developer:
• Select an active league from a minimum of 6 countries
• Accurate data from the world renowned SI football database
• Up to date and accurate competition simulations
• Accurate European competitions and world rankings
• Complete tactical options to allow a manager to influence a match
• Every player has an accurate player history
• 30 players in a squad
• Realistic commentary style match engine and computer manager intelligence
• Staff feedback on the current squad via coach and physio reports
• Realistically simulated media involvement - including transfer rumors
• Agent approaches and dressing room unrest
• A full interactive transfer system simulating modern day negotiations, including player loans, signings etc
• Realistically simulated world of football, giving information about transfers, results and injuries involving the big names in football
Source: The Developer Website.