| Stranded naked, dehydrated and starving on a fiery, drought-ridden desert world, players must immediately seek water, hunt for food, harvest new flora, craft new items, and build shelter from the extreme heat. Players who survive the harsh arid conditions can travel back and forth from the Scorched Earth map to the ARK: Survival Evolved main game, taking with them newly collected tools, weapons, and their new tamed creatures to impress their friends and dazzle their combatants.
Scorched Earth adds 12 new creatures with 5 variations, 60 new engrams, a new boss, and a whole new map. Being entirely a desert rather than an island surrounded by water, water collection becomes a more challenging obstacle. Natural water sources are rare, requiring the collection of water from other sources, such as cactus, water wells, Jugbugs, or Morellatops. Heat stroke is a potential side effect of too much heat exposure, having a similar effect to being drunk. Also the naturally harsh environment damages generators and certain structures.
- Super Heat, Sandstorms, and Electrical Storms.
- Extremely hot temperatures in the day.
- Evaporation of Water in Canteens and Water Jars.
- Electrical Generators that take damage whenever used.
- Heat Stroke, which causes damage and creates a blurry effect on-screen. (Similar to being drunk)
- Oil and Water Veins, which can be used to produce Oil and Water, respectively.
- Unique Creature: Phoenix