From the publisher via amazon.com
"The award winning Skate franchise is back and trucking into new territory as Skate 3 rolls into the brand new city of Port Carverton. Get ready for a whole new virtual skating experience as you build your own customized dream team to shred the streets, parks, and plazas and change the face of the city. New tricks, improved off-board actions, and gnarly Hall of Meat carnage mixed with exciting new team-based game modes take Skate 3 to a new level of skateboarding fun. Additional features include: 6-skater online multiplayer (including co-op) support, content downloads, Career Mode, Skate School and more.
Team Up and Thrown Down in Port Carverton
The award-winning Skate franchise returns to break new ground with Skate 3. Delivering the definitive co-op skateboarding experience, it's up to players to build the ultimate team and change the face of the city. Get ready to take on unique team challenges, compete against rival crews online and shred the streets of the all new skaters’ paradise, Port Carverton. In Skate 3, gamers make the magic happen. Skate Create gives players all the tools to create custom content for their team for both private use and to share with the world. Players can design their dream plaza or mega-ramp park with the all-new Skate Park. They can also capture their team in action with the expanded Skate Reel for team based video creation. Or design a custom logo for their team with the improved Skate Graphics web tool and hit the streets in style.
New Tricks and Gameplay
Everyone can throw down in Skate 3. New skate fans can learn the ins and outs of skateboarding with the all-new Skate School - a place to practice and hone their skills on the sticks before hitting the streets with their team. Skate 3 delivers all the camaraderie and competition of skateboarding. New tricks, improved off board actions, and gnarly Hall of Meat carnage mixed with exciting new team-based gameplay takes Skate 3 to a new level of skateboarding fun.
Key Game Features
* Team Up. Throw Down - Work together to take on challenges and progress together through the career campaign or slay all suckers in head-to-head competitive battles for bragging rights. Players can keep tabs on the happenings of their teammates and rivals with Skate Feed, the all-new game and web social network.
* New City, More Tricks, More Skate - Say hello to darkslides, underflips, and the all-new skate Mecca, Port Carverton - featuring unique districts, plazas, skateparks and endless lines, this is the true skater's paradise.
* Build a Brand, Become a Mogul - Form teams and rise up to become a skate industry mogul by selling boards. From completing online challenges to creating skate parks to having your graphics downloaded, almost everything skaters do in the game counts towards their progression.
* Skate, Create and Share - Returning favorites Skate Reel and Skate Graphics are back. The all-new Skate Park is an open canvas for players to create their dream plaza or mega-ramp park. Once created, they can share their masterpieces with the world by uploading them directly from their console.
* Always Room For Meat - Hall of Meat is back and gnarlier than ever. Gamers can brutalize their skaters in the harshest ways possible with all-new total body control bails. Get ready for carnage that is sure to make players cringe.
* Everyone Can Skate - Learn the ins and outs of skating with the all-new Skate School - a new place you can access at any time in order to learn, practice, and hone your skills on the sticks. Customize your experience with multiple tiers of success and with new on-screen guides including a manual meter and Flickit trick analyzer."