From back of box
MAG is a massive action first person shooter in an ever-changing global war. Climb the ranks and gain the experience needed to own the battlefield.
256 player online battles managed by an intuitive Command and Control system. Conquer objectives by working together.
Personalize your career as a Commando, Sniper, Field Support & more. Earn the respect of your peers & become a Squad Leader, Platoon Leader or Officer in Charge.
Achieve in-game performance rewards for you & your entire Military Corporation. Widen your arsenal & enhance your stats.
Teams of 32-64 player compete in various game modes to earn personal XP (used to upgrade your character) & Shadow War XP to win Contracts (Gives a bonus to contract holders during matches).
Domination (256 players)
- Attackers start scattered along the map edges and move on foot or ride in one of a few transport vehicles
- Defenders must take outer defensive positions to meet the oncoming attackers
- Each defending squad is responsible for holding specific areas of the base
- Attackers must eliminate front line defense emplacements (bunkers, turrets, tank traps)
- Once in the inner base, attackers must take down anti-aircraft batteries and radar sensors
- Destroying things like the anti-aircraft batteries allow the attacking team to launch UAVs
- Attackers must capture and hold objectives and inflict enough damage to the defenders base to win
Acquisition (128 players)
- Escort style requiring attackers to steal two protoype transports from a rival faction and escape to the extraction poin
Sabotage (64 players)
- Attackers must infiltrate rival communication facilities and hold two control points at the same time
- Once achieved, a final demolition objective is revealed and must be destroyed to win
Suppression (64 players)
- Pure infantry battle
- Only mode that does not contribute to the "Shadow War"
There are 3 factions competing for global supremacy. They are S.V.E.R., Raven & Valor.
This game requires a PSN account due to being an online only game. It is also recommended to have a broadband internet connection. Use of a headset for communication is highly recommended.