Return to Krondor is a computer role-playing game set in Raymond Feist's fictional fantasy setting of Midkemia. A sequel to 1993's Betrayal at Krondor, it was released for Windows 95 on the PC in time for the 1998 Christmas season. Within the game, the player commands a group of heroes with different attributes, strengths, and weaknesses which the player may upgrade over the course of the game.
From game box:
Return to a World of Danger, Magic, and Betrayal.
Return to Krondor envelops you in a world of strange creatures, desperate characters and the magic arts. Re-enter the complex and compelling kingdom of Midkemia in this sequel to the best selling RPG, Betrayal at Krondor.
The Tear of the Gods, a holy artifact possessing unimaginable power, is in peril. Your party must race against Bear, an evil madman, and his followers to raise the sunken ship that holds the artifact and return it to its rightful place in the Temple of the Gods. The fate of Krondor is in your hands.
- 11 plot-twisting chapters
- 180 real time, motion captured 3D characters
- 60 spells to create and adapt
- tactical turn-based RPG combat system
- 16-bit color with real-time lighting
- Original soundtrack by Voice of the Arts
- 3D wrap around sound
- Smart cursors make control simple
- Comprehensive alchemy system
- Over 30 varieties of locks, traps & puzzles