Translated from the game box:
The first Dungeons & Dragons real-time stragegy experience.
Enter a world full of natural magic and century old races... The land of Eberron (the new much praised world of D&D), torn apart by wars, contains an artefact with immense power, an artifact many want to have for themselves....
Commanding troups is only part of this war. You send leaders to underworlds full of creatures and treasures that resembles an RPG. Play smart: the experience you gain underground infuence the RTS oppertunities above the gound. Bring light into the darkness... Or bury the realm forever . Rule the country with legendary armies.... And throw warriors in the world underground for important RPG battles.
Eberron is a part of the Great Wheel cosmology and the overall multiverse, being situated deep in the Great Wheel's Ethereal plane. However, there it lies at the center of its own material plane and its very own cosmology of other planes that orbit it and have profound effects upon it. Furthermore, this cosmology and the "Ring of Siberys" seal the world away from the regular Great Wheel planes, preventing outside deities and powers both celestial and fiendish from having any influence there.
- Industrial magic / arcanepunk themed - Fantasy mixed with dark pulp-noir elements.
- Airships, trains, lanterns, and other magic-powered machines are commonplace.
- The world is cosmopolitan - universities, politics, newspapers (including fiend propaganda), franchises and megacorps exist.
- Extraordinary figures and heroes are rare.
- Faith and belief - the gods may or may exist.
- Unique race: kalashtar
- Monsters are people too.
- Races aren't what you expect.
- Elves are death-obsessed ancestor worshippers. Orcs are passionate druids. Goblins are civilized builders. Halflings ride dinosaurs, because why not?