Columns III is a puzzle arcade game and console game with many similarities to Tetris. Columns III was released by Sega in 1993 and is a sequel to Columns.
The game is very similar to the first game but with minor changes, the most major one is that you can no longer play on your own, you have to be against another opponent and cause the other player to lose. new features include:
* Action Player - 'See text above'
* Story Mode a.k.a. Pyramid Columns- You can go through levels fighting harder and harder enemies.
* 2 Extra Magical Jewels - There are 2 extra magical jewels as well as making a type of jewel vanish. (1. Lower your crash bar. 2. Raise your enemy crush bar. 3. Destroy all jewels of a similar colour.)
* Flashing Jewels - You may get these when you have done a good combo move. Match one of these to put a curse on your enemy.
* 1 to 5 Players - You can now play multiplayer with up to 5 players simultaneously.
Source: Wikipedia, "Columns III", available under the CC-BY-SA License.