Source: The Developer Website.
Steel Beasts Professional has been tailored to the demands and high standards of professional military training. It models the gunner’s and commander’s position of various armored fighting vehicles in a virtual 3D environment, allowing both networked and solitaire training of single-vehicle, platoon, and reinforced company scenarios with a high level of tactical confidence.
The professional version of Steel Beasts is offered in two variations: Steel Beasts Professional, and SB Pro Personal Edition. Steel Beasts Professional is designed for use in a simulation lab under the direction of a dedicated operator / controller, whereas SB Pro Personal Edition is meant to be deployed on individual soldiers' notebooks or home PCs for exercises that can be worked on independently.
Steel Beasts Professional offers the following key features:
- Runs on standard multimedia PC
- Utilizes existing networks
- Offers support for local area networks as well as internet connections
- Is a low-overhead, high-payoff trainer for commanders and staffs of digital units
- Offers flexibility for the training audience/echelons, task organizations, missions, and terrain
- Offers scalability from single tank/squad to battalion level
- Has a wide range of After Action Review (AAR) functions
- Offers numerous virtual armored fighting and combat support vehicles
- Incorporates planning/rehearsal tools useful in real world operational planning
- Can be used in conjunction with high-quality replica control hardware (e.g., gunner's handles) made by AFV Sim.