Back of case
A golf game so real, you can almost smell the green. (that's a good thing.)
you are now holding (or at least reading the box of) the most realistic golf game ever, Links for Sega CD. The course mimics Torrey Pines precisely with the best looking and most realistic tees, fairways, and putting greens ever on Sega.
Oh sure, every other golf game claims to be the "best ever" and "most realistic." They quite possibly feature many of Links' golfing options like:
- Tournament play
- Practice mode, Front 9, Back 9
- Your choice of Pro, Amateur, or Beginner
- Instant Replays
- Save player info
- Leader board
- Digitalized sound and screens
- 3-D putting grid
But that's where the similarities end. Links for Sega CD goes far beyond the other golf game poseurs with in-depth golf features:
- Stunning, 35mm aerial fly overs of each hole, so realistic you may airsick
- Driving competition
- 1 to 6 players (while most other games can only handle up to 4 players)
- Expert Golf Commentator Ben Wright calls the action stroke by stroke
- Professional Golfer Steve Elkington provides all the insights, hints and tips you'd ever want for a great round of golf
- Swing feature interface simple and easy to use-you decide how hard to hit the ball
- Full support of the TeeVGolf Club for the most accurate, realistic and fun golfing experience available
- "Real Life" technology replicates Torrey Pines course exactly with 35mm photography, placing you behind every tee, fairway, water hazard and bunker-wherever the ball lands-and giving you and giving you an accurate view of your next shot.
No matter which way you chip it, slice it, hook it or drive it, Links for Sega CD is the most realistic golf game around. Even if you can't smell the green.