Rugby League 2 is a video game based on the sport of rugby league. It is a sequel to the 2002 NRL Rugby League.
Key improvements over the original NRL Rugby League include:
- Online multiplayer, allowing two players to play against each other in either a friendly match or a competitive "ranked" mode
- More teams and players than ever before, with updated statistics and team strips
- 40 Stadiums, including revamped versions of those from NRL Rugby League
- Brand new gameplay features, including ball-stripping and pass-to-playmaker controls
- Multi-year franchise mode, putting the player in the manager's shoes - hire and fire players, manage team finances and stake out a multi-year plan as you strive for glory
- Massively upgraded graphics engine, allowing for remarkable star likenesses for more than 500 players
- Motion-captured animation from Weta Digital, the vfx-wizards behind The Lord of the Rings movies
- Highly customizable gameplay experience, with sliders and content editors that allow for considerable adjustment.
In addition, the Xbox version of the game includes the following enhancements:
- Multiple save-slots available in Franchise and Competition modes
- Shoulder-barge, fend and sidestep controls additionally on right thumbstick
- Pause function disabled during ranked matches to prevent player exploiting this feature
- Autosave available in Competition and Franchise modes
- Graphical tweaks to improve the overall look and realism of the game
- Improvements to management of custom and customized players and teams
- New Zealand Haka
Source: Wikipedia, "NRL Rugby League 2", available under the CC-BY-SA License.