From the back of the box
In 1998, Independence War became the benchmark for space simulations.
In 1999, Independence War Deluxe Edition blasts through once again.
Independence War Deluxe Edition combines the original Independence War with an all new Indie campaign called Defiance. With the addition of Defiance, you can now battle from either side - fight as an Indie commander or as a young Navy officer in the original Independence War.
Independence War Deluxe Edition is the most comprehensive space sim today. Incorporating feedback from owners of Independence War, Defiance now includes: in-mission save points, wingman commands, new weapons, and alternate weapons loadouts.
There are two sides to every story...
Independence War Features:
- Take command of an 8529-ton, 160-meter long Dreadnaught class corvette
- Control any of the four bridge workstations: Command, Engineering, Weapons, and Navigation
- Over 40 diverse missions
- Detailed ship systems including multiple propulsion options, remote override controls, docking maneuvers, and much more
- Accurate physics are built into the flight model. Every system of the ship is modeled and reflected in the gameplay
- Visually stunning 3D graphics (includes software rendering and enhanced versions for 3dfx Voodoo chipsets)
- Sophisticated and diverse gameplay, from combat to problem solving
- Compelling movie-quality production, including a new cinematic introduction
- Mid-mission save points
- Selectable weapons loadout
- Individual wingman commands
- 18 all-new missions fought from the Indie perspective
- New weapons, including Sniper PBC and the hull-mounted Gatling Canon
- New cinematic introduction
- Remote log-on auto-defense mode
- Rotating turrets on capital ships
- See events in the original game from the Indie perspective