From the back of the box
V for Victory: Utah Beach, thrusts you into the role of a military strategist during the Normandy invasion of World War II. As the American commander, you must overcome strong German resistance to occupy the Cotentin peninsula and the vital port facilities at Cherbourg. Or, as the German commander, you must defend Cherbourg and drive the Americans back into the sea.
Lead your forces against the computer or another player. Test your skills as a WWII combat commander in six scenarios of increasing difficulty:
- Mopping Up: The 9th Infantry Division cleans out the last pocket of German resistance, a battered kampf-gruppe isolated far behind American lines.
- Objective Carentan: The 101st Airborne Division has 3 days to take this key city, which is defended by an elite regiment of German paratroopers.
- SS Counterattack: The 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division launches an attack against the 101st Airborne Division in an attempt to recapture Carentan.
- Final Assault: Three American Divisions are poised to liberate Cherbourg, which is defended by the once-strong remnants of the German LXXXIV Korps.
- Race for Carteret: The American VII Corps launches a long-distance drive to break though the German lines, cut the peninsula off and isolate Cherbourg.
- Campaign Game: This long and all-encompassing scenario is the ultimate test of your abilities as a WWII field commander.
V for Victory also includes numerous options and historical variants. Select one or more of them in combination for dozens of different scenarios.