From the back of the box
V for Victory: Velikiye Luki, takes the series East to the Russian Front of WWII. As the German commander, you must rescue your encircled forces that are holding out at the ancient fortress town of Velikiye Luki, while protecting the Vitebsk-Leningrad railroad, vital to the supply of Army Group North. Or, as the Russian commander, you must take Vilikiye Luki and advance to the railroad, to cut off and destroy the Fascist invaders.
Lead your forces against the computer or another player. Test your skills as a WWII combat commander in seven scenarios of increasing difficulty:
- To the Rescue: The 8th Panzer Division attacks to save the besieged garrison at the railroad town of Novosokolniki, threatened by Russian ski and armored units.
- Into the City: Russian infantry strong artillery support penetrates into the heart of Velikiye Luki in a bid to take the city before the German relief force can arrive.
- Fortress in the Snow: Several German divisions attempt to break the Russian stranglehold on Velikiye Luki and rescue its hard-pressed defenders.
- Eight More Kilometers: Only eight kilometer separate the German relief force from the encircled garrison at Velikiye Luki. Can the panzers make it through this time?
- Last Chance: The German forces surrounded at Velikiy Luki are nearly out of food, ammunition, and water. This is the last chance for the German player to rescue them.
- Red Storm: Six Russian divisions smash the German front line and surround Velikiye Luki, threatening its garrison with annihilation.
- Campaign Game: This long and all-encompassing scenario covers the entire campaign for Velikiye Luki - the ultimate test of your abilities as a WWII field commander.
V for Victory: Velikiye Luki also includes numerous options and historical variants. Select one or more of them in combination for dozens of different scenarios.