From the back of the box
V for Victory: Market Garden, takes the series to Southern Holland. As the British commander, you must take and hold bridges across three major rivers, secure a foothold across the Rhine, and open a corridor for the invasion of Germany. As the German commander, you must delay the British advance, destroy the Airborne divisions, and prevent the British Army from reaching German territory.
Lead your forces against the computer or another player. Test your skills as a WWII combat commander in seven scenarios of increasing difficulty:
- The First Bridge: Elements of the American 101st Airborne Division attempt to capture the canal bridge at Zon.
- Hell's Highway: The American 101st Airborne Division and elements of the British Guards Armored Division rally to protect the main highway from a German raid.
- Breakout of 30 Corps: The British 30th Corps must advance down the main highway against strong German resistance to link up with the American 101st Airborne Division.
- Screaming Eagles: The American 101st Airborne Division must seize and then defend to canal bridges against strong German counter-attacks launched from two sides.
- Groesbeek Heights: The American 82nd Airborne Division defends against a strong German attack launched from the Reichswald Forest.
- Destruction of the 1st Ariborne: The powerful 9th and 10th SS Panzer Divisions launch a counterattack against the British 1st Airborne Division at Arnhem.
- A Bridge Too Far: The complete Market Garden Campaign Game, this long and all-encompassing scenario gives both players ample opportunities to maneuver, attack, and defend.
V for Victory: Market Garden also includes numerous options and historical variants. Select one or more of them in combination for dozens of different scenarios.