Source: The Developer Website.
A uniquely physics based asteroids game.
- Collisions of objects accurately obey the laws of physics allowing the player to interact realistically with the environment. For example, debris from exploding enemy ships correctly bounce off asteroids, mines, etc. Refugees are constructed using a properly constrained "rag doll" model providing many entertaining interactions with the tractor beam and other objects.
- To maneuver the ship the player tilts the iPhone/iPod which applies an acceleration to the ship proportional to the angle of tilt. This simulates flying the ship using thrusters. Inertial damping is provided to simplify control.
- Accurate spatial sound effects add to the realism. Explosion volumes are proportional to distance and correctly positioned in the 3D field. Object velocity is incorporated to yield correct doppler shifting of sound pitch.
- Simple taps unleash your weapons or engage the tractor beam to save refugees and swing mines clear of the space station.
- High quality 3D models and animation effects.
- Random elements ensure each game is a unique experience.
- Novice and Experienced difficulty levels.
- Global leaderboards are available via OpenFeint allowing you to compare your scores worldwide.
- Breathtaking backgrounds from the Hubble Space Telescope.