Theatre of War: Africa 1943 covers the events of 1943 in Tunisia, North Africa. Recovering from their losses after the crushing defeat and subsequent retreat after the Second Battle of El-Alamein, the German Afrika Korps - reinforced and now supported by the Italian Army - prepare once more to put steel against steel with the Allies. The Axis forces, under the command of the legendary General Erwin Rommel, have an all too brief opportunity to seize victory from the clutches of their earlier failures.
Players will lead Rommel's Afrika Korps in their last full-scale military campaign and command the English and American armies as they try to push the Axis forces out of Africa once and for all.
The stage is set, it's time again to enter the Theatre of War!
There are three campaigns, one for each side of the conflict: Germany, USA and UK. In several missions the German troops are reinforced by Italian forces. In total, there are 15 missions.
Flaming "Torch" (U.S. forces, February 14 to 25, 1943)
Last Step to Victory (British forces, February 20 to March 6, 1943)
Last Offensive (Italo-German forces, February 14 to 25, 1943)
· Real-time Strategy gameplay
· Highly detailed simulation of World War 2 combat
· House to house urban combat
· Animated hand-to-hand fighting
· Anti-air vehicles and stationary anti-aircraft mounts to control
· Smoke screens
· Different types of trenches, sand bags, road blocks and barbed wire emplacements are available (to defending units only) and can be placed by the player before the battle starts
· Advanced unit formations control
· Advanced visual spotting system accounts for observation angles and smoke screens
· Online Game Server Browser
· 15 missions in three campaigns - German, American and British - including famous battles such as Kasserine Pass, Sidi Bou Zid, Sbeitla and Tebessa.
· Mission Editor to create your own scenarios
· Interactive Tactical Battle Map
· Over 50 different vehicle types
Source: The Publisher Website.