The Sims 3 (The Sims 3D on the Nintendo 3DS version) is a spin-off of The Sims 3 for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, and Nintendo DS consoles. It was released on October 26, 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and Nintendo DS and for the Wii platform on November 15, 2010.
The game has a co-op buddy mode or take on up to three friends in the Life Moments Game on the Wii, upload and download content on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network, including furnishings, houses, and player creations or experience a full life simulation on a handheld with Nintendo DS.
The Sims 3 features a new Karma system (similar to the influence system in The Sims 2).
* "Create any Sim you can imagine: give them unique personalities! Fine-tune your Sims’ appearances and personalities. Make them evil, romantic, paranoid, kleptomaniacs, or a mix of something completely different."
* "Unlock all-new Karma Powers. Wield the ultimate control over your Sims giving them wealth, beauty, and love or take it all away with the click of a button."
* "Control your Sims’ destinies - Choose whether or not to fulfill your Sims’ destinies by making their wishes come true or letting their dreams die. Will your Sims be rock stars, world leaders, or expert thieves? It’s up to you."
* Complete challenges to unlock additional items, new buildings and landmarks
* It has been confirmed by IGN that life cycles will be included.
* Kids have been confirmed for the console version of the game.
Source: Wikipedia, "The Sims 3 (console video game)," available under the CC-BY-SA License.