Sleeping Gods Lie was a first-person adventure game released on the Commodore Amiga, published by Empire Interactive in 1989.
It was set in the world of Tessera, a land created by the Gods, which had fallen into the control of an evil Archmage who terrorised the populace with the aid of evil demons. The player took the role of an adventurer, with a quest through eight kingdoms. The goal was to find N'Gnir, one of the sleeping Gods who created the world, and to wake him up so he could rid the world of the demons.
Source: Wikipedia, "Sleeping Gods Lie", available under the CC-BY-SA License.
Game box back cover
- 4 Dimensional role playing action
- Flight simulator technology combined with solid hand drawn graphics
- Free movement with 1st person perspective view
- Depth of an adventure with intuitive mouse control
- 3 Dimensional sound effects
- Wide variety of weapons, armour, and equipment to build up your character
- Hundreds of independently controlled characters to fight or befriends
- Game-save facility to continue your quest at a later date
- Ability to install on hard disk
Created and then abandoned by the Old Gods, Tessera is blighted by plague, and the vicious rule of the Archmage and his henchmen. A dying priest of the Kobbold Old Way bequeaths a sacred quest: to find and wake N'Gnir, an Old God rumoured to slumber in one of the farthest-flung of Tessera's eight kingdoms. Battle your way through 94 landscapes, fending of demons and bandits, befriending princes and hermits, winning knowledge and strength as you travel. Arm yourself with slings and crossbows, protect yourself with camouflage and dragonskin and find the Ring of Annihilation.