- Turn based naval computer naval wargame presently covering 1890-1950, with other time frames planned for future editions.
- 3D/2D hybrid single screen intuitive interface.
- Nations presently included: United States, Great Britain, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Austria-Hungary, and Russia with more to be added in future updates.
- Over 400 classes of warships covering 8 nationalities with more due to be added in downloadable updates!
- Tactical map covering 40nm x 40nm of ocean.
- Ship types include dreadnoughts, battleships, battlecruisers, heavy cruisers, light cruisers, destroyers, and monitors.
- Animations include gun flashes, gunnery hits, torpedo hits, salvo splashes, sinking ships, and critical hit explosions.
- Weather, visibility, and sea state environmental options.
- Detailed system, structural, and floatation damage including fires and progressive flooding.
- Fire control systems, search/fire control radars, smoke screens, searchlights, and star shell effects.
- 4 levels of illumination for night combat calculations.
- Main battery, secondary battery, tertiary battery, and torpedo battery targeting.
- Optional rates of fire that include ranging, spotted, and full rate of fire.
- Detailed ammunition levels for all gun batteries.
- Full tactical map maneuvering and shellfire evasion.
- 3 types of ammunition that include high explosive, common/semi-armor piercing, and armor piercing.
- Detailed and accurate gunnery and torpedo combat calculations.
- Random scenario generator for various sized battles and the ability to easily create custom designed battles.
- Battle viewer, division display, and tactical map interface.
- Detailed ship graphics, high quality ocean, and sky backgrounds.
- Engagements can include up to 8 divisions of 8 ships each for a total of 64 warships. (Larger battles planned for future updates.)
- Armor ratings for armored ships include vertical belt, horizontal deck, turret front, turret top and superstructure.
- Detailed torpedo protection system ratings and mechanics.
- Easy to use and intuitive single screen interface.
- Full stereo sound effects including explosions, torpedo launches, gunfire, splashes, and background music.
- Very challenging and effective AI opponent.
- The ability to handle 200 scenarios and 200 saved battles.
- Very easy to use for naval board game surface combat resolution!
From manual Introduction / Designer Notes
Warship Combat : Navies at War (AKA WCNAW) is a detailed and accurate, yet easy to play, tactical naval surface combat turn based wargame for the computer that allows you to command a fleet of up to 32 warships vs. an effective and challenging AI. The engine is capable of combat covering 1890 to 1950. There are 6+ countries and 400+ classes of warships to choose from ranging from destroyers to battleships. Features include combat animations, various weather conditions, fire controls, radars (WW2), weapons targeting, main, secondary, and tertiary gun batteries, torpedo batteries, full stereo sound effects, tactical maneuvers, intuitive interface, detailed ship graphics, smoke screens, star shells, searchlights, system damage, structural and floatation damage, and much more! Future expansions and engine upgrades will add more ships, navies, land, the ability to fight larger battles, and other features. Designing scenarios is very simple and the system includes a wide range of scenario building options. There is a built in scenario design interface or you can easily edit the scenario text files.